How about a Audi Q3 e-tron Plug-in Hybrid - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 10 Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
How about a Audi Q3 e-tron Plug-in Hybrid

Let's consider this: what if Audi built a Q3 e-tron plug-in hybrid?

There is already a plausible powertrain, the 1.4-liter TFSI in the A3 with 150 hp and an electric motor for a total system output of 205 hp. That power output is more than all but one of the Q3's engines (the 2.0 TFSI with 211 hp), so that means it could work with quattro all-wheel drive. The Q3 e-tron could also work as a FWD car.

Building the Q3 e-tron plug-in hybrid would also help Audi move toward its goal of being the biggest electrified mobility company by the end of the decade. Toyota doesn't have a plug-in crossover/C-segment SUV right now, so that would be another benefit. Also, China would be a huge buyer of the Q3 e-tron since the government is trying to boost hybrid vehicle sales to cut down on its pollution problems.
post #2 of 10 Old 06-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
it would be a good idea, they need more hybrids while people are slowly adapting to them, people do want these cars.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-13-2014, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

I can't see it for North America, but I can see this being a great seller for Europe. Do you think that it would be too expensive for what it is in the end though? I mean its not like it would be a super high performing car, and its not very big, but I guarantee you the price tag would be pretty hefty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-13-2014, 05:40 PM

it is still going to be expensive and who knows maybe it's better to leave it at that for now, not sure how they can make it cheaper and if it will ever get much cheaper.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-17-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Is there a significant market for cars of this size at that price point though? Sure there is the BMW i3, but that vehicle brings more to the table that just being electric. It also has a really really cool and forward thinking design. The Q3 is nice, but its not like its something we haven't seen before.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Is there a significant market for cars of this size at that price point though? Sure there is the BMW i3, but that vehicle brings more to the table that just being electric. It also has a really really cool and forward thinking design. The Q3 is nice, but its not like its something we haven't seen before.
it's forward thinking design is something that draws people in but it's also expected when a car maker makes an electric vehicle and doesn't just throw in electric vehicle tech in a vehicle that was originally purely petrol powered. It's design will only do so much for it.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
I can't see it for North America, but I can see this being a great seller for Europe. Do you think that it would be too expensive for what it is in the end though? I mean its not like it would be a super high performing car, and its not very big, but I guarantee you the price tag would be pretty hefty.
and at this point its hard for them to even scratch the surface. the cost is one of the factors that slowing them down right now. itll be a while but i guess we can gauge it off of the a3 etron when that arrives
post #8 of 10 Old 06-11-2015, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Curiously, its been talked about that Audi will bring over the A3 hatch in e-tron form... question is will they bring Q3 as well. I have to doubt it because they decided to kill the A3 hatch when they decided to bring over the Q3...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-a3-...ber-88758.html
post #9 of 10 Old 06-11-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Curiously, its been talked about that Audi will bring over the A3 hatch in e-tron form... question is will they bring Q3 as well. I have to doubt it because they decided to kill the A3 hatch when they decided to bring over the Q3...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-a3-...ber-88758.html
I think they HAVE to, as in them launching it now or soon will do them well before the competition catches up, it'll be a key segment for this tech.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-11-2015, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

It seems like Audi should consider making dedicated electric vehicles, like BMW has. I just think that strategy will play well moving into the future. I think BMW has a huge edge having started the i brand before other luxury companies caught on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page