2015 Audi Models will Feature Android Auto - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 13 Old 06-26-2014, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
2015 Audi Models will Feature Android Auto

Audi has confirmed that it will put the new Android Auto in its vehicles starting next year. The automaker says that Android Auto will allow drivers to seamlessly access their Android apps using Audi MMI displays and controls optimized for safe and intuitive operation on the road.

When an Android smartphone is connected in a compatible Audi, drivers will see a prompt asking if they want their apps to function through the MMI touch display and controls. After that, all graphics, audio streams and interfaces will operate through Android Auto.

It is important to note that the integration of Android Auto won't make its vehicles incompatible with other brands of smartphone.

Ricky Hudi, Head of Development Electrics/Electronics, AUDI AG says:
Quote:
“As the leader in the emerging field of connected car technologies, Audi recognizes the importance of meeting our customers’ mobile technology needs on their terms, but we should only do this through innovations, such as Android Auto, that reduce distractions and improve performance.”
post #2 of 13 Old 06-26-2014, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
great news, i love the android interface and have really adjusted to it coming from an apple product a couple years back and coming from that experience along with experience with audi's, i can say that the android interface will complement just about any audi it goes in.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-11-2014, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Have you seen the android infotainment system though or are you just talking about their phone platform?

I think it remains to be seen whether Apple, QNX, or Android make the best system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-11-2014, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Have you seen the android infotainment system though or are you just talking about their phone platform?

I think it remains to be seen whether Apple, QNX, or Android make the best system.
well no, considering Apple and Android have yet to prove themselves, I'd say QNX makes the best system. The new QNX based Uconnect is hearlded as the best in the league right now...
post #5 of 13 Old 07-11-2014, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
it will be interesting to see how it stacks up to apple carplay, apple is usually good with it's user interface and i have a feeling they might do well with their in car systems
post #6 of 13 Old 07-15-2014, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Apples UI is good because of its simplicity, in car infotainment needs to be simple, so its not like in the smartphone arena where its a unique offer. In this case it seems to be the industry norm.

Ferrari uses Car Play ATM, its ok, nothing substantial IMO...
post #7 of 13 Old 07-21-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

I am still thinking that QNX is going to do the best. I mean what else do they have to really put their effort into. this is the last thing going for them. I am guessing that eventually it will only be two players in this industry though. One will drop because it won't be as good as the others.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-30-2014, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im a android guy so no complaints here. what is this qnx you guys are speaking of?
post #9 of 13 Old 09-18-2014, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has this been confirmed?
post #10 of 13 Old 09-19-2014, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCQ3 View Post
has this been confirmed?

Yes, confirmed. Not sure of the timeline on integration in the Q3 model specifically though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page