1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ohio Joe

post #1 of 9 Old 04-01-2015, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage
Rear seat 12V outlet knob failure

Anyone try to remove the fake cigarette lighter in the rear of the console?? Mine came apart. I am sure they will replace it but just wondering if the part moulding was bad. It is marked as made in China.
post #2 of 9 Old 04-01-2015, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Just went down to check mine, it did not fall apart when I pulled it out but did have the inscription, "Audi China." The shame that it is, the reality is that the western manufacturing base has moved to China. Germany is no exception.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boblepp View Post
Anyone try to remove the fake cigarette lighter in the rear of the console?? Mine came apart. I am sure they will replace it but just wondering if the part moulding was bad. It is marked as made in China.
Mine's fine, my TT and S5 are from China too and they're ok, even at 6 years old ... must just be a faulty one, as you surmise.

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red

post #4 of 9 Old 04-02-2015, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Mine's OK, I use it to charge cell phones because I have a radar detector in the front one. I will say, the usb charger I have plugged in there does seem to work its way loose every couple of weeks.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-11-2015, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The parts guy tells me that he has to speak to the manager before he orders me a new one. Why?. It costs $30, yes thirty dollars for a plastic fake cigar lighter. And the new labor rate is $148/hour . Canada. Luckily, if the high costs gives me a heart attack I have free health care.

2015 Q3 Quattro Cortina White/Black, Technik, Sport, mudflaps, Weathertech, Carista, 2.0 TFSI Canada
post #6 of 9 Old 04-11-2015, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Real toss up on what is the bigger joke. Thirty bucks for a faux lighter or 148/hr to install it. Wouldn't this be great SNL* material?

* Saturday Night Live

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-20-2015, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The parts guy tells me that he has to speak to the manager before he orders me a new one. Why?. It costs $30, yes thirty dollars for a plastic fake cigar lighter. And the new labor rate is $148/hour . Canada. Luckily, if the high costs gives me a heart attack I have free health care.
!!! Wow !!! Fake + Made in China + $30? That's the price to make you go away. I once called Sony because I lost a rubber foot on a laptop and they told me making the wobble go away would cost me $50. Last Sony product I bought, purely on the principle of it, seriously have not bought anything made by Sony since that happened in the late 90's. Hopefully your Audi dealer dug into their random parts box (you know they have one) and found a suitable replacement.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-20-2015, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Still waiting for the call. With the recall out now I will add this to their work order. A drop of epoxy fixes it quick.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-21-2015, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
If worse comes to worse you can always buy a real lighter and put that in, should be able to pick one up cheap... If you have a junk yard nearby stop in there and they may give you one for free for the privilege of being able to tell the story of the guy in the Audi who stopped in looking for a lighter... Then again they may see the Audi and want to charge you $50!!!!
boblepp likes this.

2015 Q3, Florett Silver Metallic, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
2013 A5 Cabriolet, Cuvee Silver, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page