2016 “all weather lights” - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

post #1 of 23 Old 05-17-2015, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
2016 “all weather lights”

Has anybody seen the 2016 “all weather lights” in action?
I’m mostly interested in the Fog Light portion. I know some people on this forum, and my wife, have expressed a dislike for the “larger side grills”. The Audi 2016 Q3 PIB calls these huge fog light free areas a highlight.
I’m not so sure about the the lack of an obvious/separate fog light being a highlight. At least in the Philly Burbs where it seems every upscale SUV drives around with their fogs on all the time, as silly as it seems.
post #2 of 23 Old 05-25-2015, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Ttt
post #3 of 23 Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Ttt

post #4 of 23 Old 06-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInPa View Post
Ttt
Not sure what this means, but presume it's a post bump to get some or more attention. As to the original query, I suppose there's been no answer cuz no one's had any experience - like me. I'd would like to say I've at least seen them, but that's not true either. As soon as I do get some experience or even more knowledge, I'll be happy to share - sorry ...

Meanwhile, I think this represents a trend away from separate fog lamps as with LEDs or Lasers, they will be able to be focused anywhere we need them without having to have separate bulbs or lamps. Heck, even the same fixture with multiple light canons can be programmed to re-aim (and re-color too) for a time-to-illuminate position on request or need. The technology is fast out-pacing existing paradigms -

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #5 of 23 Old 06-15-2015, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
TTT = To the top (bump up).
post #6 of 23 Old 06-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Garage
ah so Grasshopper - I'm used to just "Bump"

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #7 of 23 Old 06-15-2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Yep, To the top. I entered it in caps, but.

I was sort of hoping that one of our non North American members may have seen them in action since the refresh has been available over there for a little while. I guess I’ll have wait until near the end of July to see them in person. The refresh design is starting to grow on me, especially now that Roger has found out that it will be a family trait.
post #8 of 23 Old 08-08-2015, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Q3 All Weather Lights

Just bought a 2016 Q3 Prestige. Will follow up on this post once I've had a chance to drive in fog.
post #9 of 23 Old 09-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
All Weather Lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlabas View Post
Not sure what this means, but presume it's a post bump to get some or more attention. As to the original query, I suppose there's been no answer cuz no one's had any experience - like me. I'd would like to say I've at least seen them, but that's not true either. As soon as I do get some experience or even more knowledge, I'll be happy to share - sorry ...

Meanwhile, I think this represents a trend away from separate fog lamps as with LEDs or Lasers, they will be able to be focused anywhere we need them without having to have separate bulbs or lamps. Heck, even the same fixture with multiple light canons can be programmed to re-aim (and re-color too) for a time-to-illuminate position on request or need. The technology is fast out-pacing existing paradigms -

My local dealer (Audi of Chattanooga) could neither explain them nor demo them. Hoping my selling dealer (Harper Audi, Knoxville) will be able to when I take delivery.
post #10 of 23 Old 09-09-2015, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokutman View Post
My local dealer (Audi of Chattanooga) could neither explain them nor demo them. Hoping my selling dealer (Harper Audi, Knoxville) will be able to when I take delivery.
Waaa?

All one has to do is turn the exterior light switch to parking lights or headlights, and then pull the switch toward you one click for the front "all weather lights" and two clicks for both front and rear "all weather/fog lights."

I haven't driven in any fog yet, but just driving around at night with the LED all weather lights on is really an illuminating experience.....and of course they also double as "static cornering lights," which are really cool.

Again, I haven't yet experienced it, but the front all weather lights adjust automatically so there is less glare for you the driver. Not the oncoming driver, but the driver of the Q3 when the roads are wet or snow covered and there might be too much glare.

And as discussed in another thread, there is also automatic headlight range control so your Q3 doesn't blind oncoming traffic if your car load changes or when braking or accelerating.
Jim Marando likes this.

2016 Q3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Prestige, Florett Silver/Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page