SQ3 - would you want one- BUY one for $51K - Audi Q3 Forum
View Poll Results: SQ3 - $51K base - Want One ? Buy One ?
Yes Definitely - write down my name - I WILL buy!! 5 33.33%
Maybe - If it's really, really nice or maybe less than $50K 8 53.33%
Nahhh - got just what I need already ... 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

1Likes

post #1 of 19 Old 09-10-2015, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Garage
SQ3 - would you want one- BUY one for $51K

If you could buy an SQ3 : 2.0 TFSI 290 hp S-Tronic (DSG) Carbon Atlas trim, RS bumpers and grill, Sport Suspension (lowered about 20-25 mm) Flat bottom steering wheel in Air leather (like mine), matching leather shift boot (like mine), in Prestige trim - nice 19" or 20" wheels, would you line up to purchase with a base price of $51K??

Take the Poll -

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red

Last edited by rnlabas; 09-10-2015 at 11:02 PM.
post #2 of 19 Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
I really like the sound of this, but I would have to see and drive it to know for sure.

2016 Q3 Prestige | Sport Package | Mythos Black
2006 S4 25Quattro #129/250 | H&R | Koni | XS Power | Fast Intentions | Intake Spacers | Hotchkis | JHM 93
post #3 of 19 Old 09-11-2015, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Yes, I want one and would swap mine out for one. I am very happy with my Q3 but would enjoy a higher zoot one too! As much as I like the S3, the Q3 fits me and my needs better so of course I would want an SQ3!!

2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Cortina White - Hers
2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Glacier White - His
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Tusk White - Mine

post #4 of 19 Old 09-11-2015, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Maaaaaaybe. I'll have test out the SQ3 first and see how it slots in with my finances.
post #5 of 19 Old 09-11-2015, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Nope...Now I'm pretty sure I'd lust after it, but the fully loaded Q3 already pushed me to my limit on what I want to spend getting from point A to point B. Now if you can get me a 15% discount on that SQ3 you'll have me. :-)

John
2016 Q3 Prestige
Mythos Black w/Chestnut Brown
Sport Package
post #6 of 19 Old 09-11-2015, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'd love not to have to do all those mods myself that an SQ3 would have. Is it just me or are there no plans by Audi to even make an SQ3 much less bring it here? Did I miss an announcement??

PETROLOCO - - - - - - Crazy Fuel
adventures | motorsports | gear | lifestyle
post #7 of 19 Old 09-11-2015, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
For me it would depend on the engine.

2016 Q3 Prestige Quattro w/Sport Package & Homelink/Monsoon Gray/Black Leather
post #8 of 19 Old 09-12-2015, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Garage
There are NO plans for an SQ3 - but a few folks have thought about how Audi might/could create one - so I put up the poll to see how y'all might respond. The engine is similar to what we already have albeit with a nice tune - this engine exists NOW in the S3, so THAT part is really pretty straightforward. The RoW already gets the DSG so THAT too is pretty straightforward - the rest are just bits here and there from the RSQ3 bin that would easily fit and add a few bucks. My guess at price is based mostly on what our cars already cost and the added bits to get where it would/could take...

If the poll shapes out a bit more before next weekend, I may take the results and the spec to the WEC race in Austin where I know I'll run into a few AoA seniors to see what they think - who knows. Audi is very keen on customer fans and what drives desire for models here - more so than I ever saw with Motorsport at BMW in my 30 car lifetime with them ...

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #9 of 19 Old 09-13-2015, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Thanks Roger. This would be cool if it was a grassroots efforts. At the very least can we get the same engine as in the TT and GTI? That one has 220 HP and 258 ft. lbs of torque. I think the extra torque would be most welcome in the Q3!

If they make the SQ3 - please ask them for the special colors like in the S3. I really want one in Audi Yellow! My wife does not like it but I think it is amazing!!

2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Cortina White - Hers
2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Glacier White - His
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Tusk White - Mine
post #10 of 19 Old 09-13-2015, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlabas View Post
There are NO plans for an SQ3 - but a few folks have thought about how Audi might/could create one - so I put up the poll to see how y'all might respond. The engine is similar to what we already have albeit with a nice tune - this engine exists NOW in the S3, so THAT part is really pretty straightforward. The RoW already gets the DSG so THAT too is pretty straightforward - the rest are just bits here and there from the RSQ3 bin that would easily fit and add a few bucks. My guess at price is based mostly on what our cars already cost and the added bits to get where it would/could take...

If the poll shapes out a bit more before next weekend, I may take the results and the spec to the WEC race in Austin where I know I'll run into a few AoA seniors to see what they think - who knows. Audi is very keen on customer fans and what drives desire for models here - more so than I ever saw with Motorsport at BMW in my 30 car lifetime with them ...

Interesting parts bin strategy.
If Europe already has the RSQ3, why not just take a few things off of that & export it to the US at a lower price?
That'll save on any extra R&D & really just ties us over until the next gen Q3 that can come fully packaged from the beginning as a RQ3.

Current Stable:
2015.VW GTI.4S in Midnight Blue+LP+MM
2016.Audi Q3 Prestige Quattro in Mythos Black+Chestnut+Aluminum+Sport Pack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page