User Tag List

2Likes

post #1 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
Online Owner's Manual anywhere?

Been searching for the Owner's Manual online @ myaudi & can't see where it is.
Only see Audi Connect manual.
I know VAG is stingy overall with a PDF one - i.e. not available.

Can someone point me towards an online version please?

Current Stable:
2015.VW GTI.4S in Midnight Blue+LP+MM
2016.Audi Q3 Prestige Quattro in Mythos Black+Chestnut+Aluminum+Sport Pack
post #2 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
I am not aware of one but I think its a good idea...
I mentioned it to our sales guy when we had ordered my wife's Q3. I/we told him it would good of Audi to give access to one so we could have in-depth reading material and get acquainted with our new car while we were waiting those long months for our ship to come in!!! He too thought it was good and was going to pass the suggestion along to Audi.

p.s. He did offer to order a paper version of it for us but it too was back-ordered so the wait might have been even longer for the manual...
Q3User likes this.

2015 Q3, Florett Silver Metallic, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
2013 A5 Cabriolet, Cuvee Silver, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
post #3 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Joe View Post
I am not aware of one but I think its a good idea...
I mentioned it to our sales guy when we had ordered my wife's Q3. I/we told him it would good of Audi to give access to one so we could have in-depth reading material and get acquainted with our new car while we were waiting those long months for our ship to come in!!! He too thought it was good and was going to pass the suggestion along to Audi.

p.s. He did offer to order a paper version of it for us but it too was back-ordered so the wait might have been even longer for the manual...
Just really odd that Audi & VW try to keep these manuals away from their customers.

My entire GTI owner's manual is online - but it's one of those embedded PDF that you can only scroll through AND you can only get to your subject if you search for it from a search box.

So it's a hassle & no - I can 't down load it. So in this day and age when a lot of info is gotten on the go off a smartphone, I find this a big negative with owning a VAG car.

-UPDATE: Just confirmed with Audi Chat that they have no online manual available.

Current Stable:

Last edited by Q3User; 10-01-2015 at 12:32 PM.

post #4 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
When you combine this with the propensity to put multiple versions of the same vehicle into one manual and thus have the need for many * telling you that this or that thing may or may not apply to your configuration it makes for a very thick manual and a very complicated read. I understand that having multiple versions of a printed manual cost a lot to create and maintain...but hey that's what online is for. Wouldn't it be wonderful if one could put in the specific configuration and get an on-line manual that was specific to your vehicle, eliminating all the clutter of charts and instructions for things that don't apply to your car? Too much to ask.....hum. Also I assume others have discovered that Audi does NOT do a good job of keeping the website updated for new vehicles or matching the content you are presented with to the vehicle you enter.

John
2016 Q3 Prestige
Mythos Black w/Chestnut Brown
Sport Package
post #5 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
When you combine this with the propensity to put multiple versions of the same vehicle into one manual and thus have the need for many * telling you that this or that thing may or may not apply to your configuration it makes for a very thick manual and a very complicated read. I understand that having multiple versions of a printed manual cost a lot to create and maintain...but hey that's what online is for. Wouldn't it be wonderful if one could put in the specific configuration and get an on-line manual that was specific to your vehicle, eliminating all the clutter of charts and instructions for things that don't apply to your car? Too much to ask.....hum. Also I assume others have discovered that Audi does NOT do a good job of keeping the website updated for new vehicles or matching the content you are presented with to the vehicle you enter.
Cableguy, Agreed....
As per my earlier comment my thinking at the time was that you could be set up in the Audi system for updates on the car's production and that same system could also give you a link to review other info like manuals, etc... taking this a step further with your thoughts it could use the VIN to customize the manual for your particular car...
Wouldn't that be nice!!!

2015 Q3, Florett Silver Metallic, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
2013 A5 Cabriolet, Cuvee Silver, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
post #6 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
You are hitting on something here.
If they made electronic version to specific to the VIN like OJ posited - we would have a skinnier manual that's for sure.

Current Stable:
post #7 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
For a number of years we've had online manuals for various aircraft. Yes, we have to pay a fee for them, but it is nice that every time there is a mandatory modification or change in a procedure, it is highlighted in the manual's update.

But here too, the manuals were not serial# specific and include all models of the aircraft based upon its year of production.

It's not a perfect system, but when someone has a question, no matter where they are, including in flight, they can just open their laptop or tablet and usually get the answer they are looking for.

2016 Q3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Prestige, Florett Silver/Black
post #8 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Some brands even go as far as turning some of the content in those manuals into videos and make it super easy to find, Audi should be doing these things, easy win for them.
post #9 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q3User View Post
..Snip....

Can someone point me towards an online version please?
I looked for same during the order period and found none. Then I checked all the other major brands and found they ALL offer pdf manuals. Including Trabant!

I emailed Audi Canada to no effect. I cannot imagine what reason they would have...unless they knew of the diesel emissions cheat and did not want to let the lawyers at the computer readable text.

2015 Q3 Quattro Cortina White/Black, Technik, Sport, mudflaps, Weathertech, Carista, 2.0 TFSI Canada
post #10 of 26 Old 10-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
2015 Q3 Quick Start Guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s65lnhs4v2...guide.pdf?dl=0

2016 Q3 Quick Start Guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gj7lr6m3jd...guide.pdf?dl=0

2015 Q3 Quattro Prestige, Monsoon Gray/Titanium Gray. Her name is Leisel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page