Just as I tried to confirm "ship-loaded" ... - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 41 Old 10-25-2014, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Garage
Angry Just as I tried to confirm "ship-loaded" ...

Just tried to confirm my ship-loaded status as of yesterday on the Eternal Ace - I get the "your car just literally missed the boat" remark from my stealer. Now it's new ETA for ship-loaded is 3 Nov and stealer-ready on 1 Dec

...this from an order taken on 25 July -

Now to hope it really makes the Sunrise Ace ...

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #2 of 41 Old 10-25-2014, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlabas View Post
Just tried to confirm my ship-loaded status as of yesterday on the Eternal Ace - I get the "your car just literally missed the boat" remark from my stealer. Now it's new ETA for ship-loaded is 3 Nov and stealer-ready on 1 Dec

...this from an order taken on 25 July -

Now to hope it really makes the Sunrise Ace ...
This is really starting to annoy me. How the **** can a car ordered on July 25 take until Dec 1st to be ready.

I did email Brad Stertz today from Audi and told him on my displeasure of this being our Audi purchase and it shouldn't take 4-5 months to receive the car Brad is in the PR Department.

Don't get me wrong but the Q3 isn't a hand built Ferrari.

Hope to hear from him this week and will report any news.
post #3 of 41 Old 10-25-2014, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Perhaps you'll have better luck finding a car in the pipeline. Mine is comparatively unique and so far no duplicates any closer than mine.

I'm already in touch with regional AND national Audi Customer Managers, and have had more than one or two one-on-one chats with Scott Keogh in the past year, so I'm curious what they will say/do under Kundenbegeisterung ...

But I'm also a die-hard Audi fan (see garage) and will remain somewhat cool-headed. Nobody has a perfect supply chain and carriers are infamous for jousting RoRos for favors I'm sure VW Logistics doesn't play.

- Roger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 Old 10-25-2014, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Btw, here's a good story for folks to know ...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...e-temporary-S4

- Roger

post #5 of 41 Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered my 2015 Q3 Premium Plus Quattro on July 28th from New Orleans Audi. My ETA for delivery was initially October, however it is now showing December 8th. Seems to be the norm Roger.

Derek
post #6 of 41 Old 10-26-2014, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Yours is prolly on the same vessel as mine - the Sunrise Ace. I believe the extra few days is to get from Brunswick to NOLA ...

- Roger

post #7 of 41 Old 10-26-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlabas View Post
Perhaps you'll have better luck finding a car in the pipeline. Mine is comparatively unique and so far no duplicates any closer than mine.

I'm already in touch with regional AND national Audi Customer Managers, and have had more than one or two one-on-one chats with Scott Keogh in the past year, so I'm curious what they will say/do under Kundenbegeisterung ...

But I'm also a die-hard Audi fan (see garage) and will remain somewhat cool-headed. Nobody has a perfect supply chain and carriers are infamous for jousting RoRos for favors I'm sure VW Logistics doesn't play.
I'm in NJ and have been on every dealers site from Conn, MA, PA, NY, DE, MD. Most very dealer that has anything on their web site says arriving soon. While there are a few out there, they are bare bones.

I ordered the Brilliant Black with black interior, MMI and driver assistance package and power tailgate.

I'm really hoping to get a phone call this week from Brad in Audi PR. If not I'm going to have to hold my wife back next weekend as she's wants to go to the dealer and rip someone's head off. She like me, feels that the so-called tagged Q3 that my dealer claims was ours and another dealer claimed it was actually sold to someone else who was willing to pay a higher price and the salesman/dealer agreed.
post #8 of 41 Old 10-26-2014, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBQ3 View Post
...She like me, feels that the so-called tagged Q3 that my dealer claims was ours and another dealer claimed it was actually sold to someone else who was willing to pay a higher price and the salesman/dealer agreed.
Another dealer CANNOT merely claim a sold car. Do you have a document from them (and accessaudi) that shows the car's status in your name. You should have. As soon as you gave them a deposit, they should have documented the car as yours within accessaudi - as a "SOLD- Customer Sold Order" under the Order Type. You should have a "Commission Number" and an Order Status (prolly IS or 05).

Here's a short summary of Order Status :

IS or (05) : INTAKE ORDER BANK - this is essentially an allocation request for specified content (options) - but at even this point, the Order Type should show Customer Sold. Until it reaches the next step, you can modify things like options, color etc.
(10) FACTORY ORDER BANK - at this stage the allocation has been committed by the factory and content (options) cannot be changed.
(15) PRODUCTION STOCK - the car is built.
(20) INTRANSIT FROM FACTORY - this includes inland Europe (e.g. Martorell - Wolfsburg - Emden) up until ship-loading and oversea shipment.
(25) PORT STOCK - at this point the car is in the destination port (for me Brunswick, GA)
(30) INTRANSIT INLAND - this is where the car is moving from the port to the dealer.
(35) DEALER STOCK - as you can guess, by now arrived at the dealer
(40) DEALER DELIVERED - the last (sometimes) progress stage noted.

If you don't have a document showing you the Commission Number and Order Status, they may have been smoking you from the beginning. If you find/prove THAT to be true you have solid grounds for a lawsuit that quite likely would end up with you having at least a FREE car and possibly a free dealership as well. In the end it could be as likely that AoA would pull their franchise from such an unscrupulous bunch. Check your buyer agreement ASAP - on the other hand IT might give them the right to enact such a deal fully empowered to do so - it's a contract after all. They SHOULD have also put your car and you into Audi Customer In-Waiting - a sort of serial email notice to you at some of the stages above, so you can anticipate and drool over its arrival ...

Do you know a cop - check if "your"car has been registered. Or, go to another dealer and see if a car meeting your spec has been in the pipeline recently and delivered "somewhere else."

- Roger

post #9 of 41 Old 10-26-2014, 06:35 PM

I do have a purchase agreement (or at least an order form)for the Q3 with options, but no Commission number or Order status on it or even a VIN.

The "to be delivered date" is blank. Even the total owed on the form is off by $4000 in their favor and that's my fault for not verifying it.

Looks like someone was yanking my chain.

Guess the only thing I might have on my side is that someone at the dealer also signed what I have in hand.

I'm still hoping that my email yesterday to Brad (Audi PR) will at least get me a phone call.
post #10 of 41 Old 10-26-2014, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
You should've had a Commission Number as soon as the order was input as an allocation request - that is when they could actually order the car, perhaps 1-3 days after you gave them a deposit against your buyer's order. The VIN won't show up until it's released for production during the Factory Order Bank (15) stage. You might see a Status (15) without a VIN if prior to Release for Production, and then after that actual date (NOT the ETA), still in Status (15) get a VIN...

I'm REAL curious what this guy Brad has to say : have you contacted your regional customer manager? If not get his name and number ASAP, don't just let your sales associate do it - do it yourself.

- Roger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page