14Likes

post #1 of 62 Old 06-13-2015, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Unhappy My 2016 Order - PROBLEMS

Hi All,
My excitement about my Q3 order has dwindled since reading the "Auto Blog" article citing significant price increases, which my dealer assured me would not happen. I really wanted a 2015, but they are scarce - even barely existent - in Ohio. So I had to order, and they weren't accepting any more 2015 orders.
Now it seems my entire deposit is going to be eaten up by the price increase, thus a higher payment. 😖
I'm also being told that my vehicle is on hold due to "supplier shortage" - that it's "mostly built" but missing parts. Hmmmm.
I am already approved by Audi Finance, and really hoping we don't have to run the credit app again (they're only good for 30 days).
Feeling duped that I was forced into a 2016 & now it's complicated.
Anyone else have a 2016 on order? Would love to hear your story!
(Going to the dealership TODAY to discuss.)
post #2 of 62 Old 06-13-2015, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestergirl View Post
My excitement about my Q3 order has dwindled since reading the "Auto Blog" article citing significant price increases, which my dealer assured me would not happen....
Feeling duped that I was forced into a 2016 & now it's complicated.
Anyone else have a 2016 on order? Would love to hear your story!
I'm sorry to hear of you feeling "duped," but possibly a nice chat with your Audi representative will have you feeling a little better by the end of the day. Admittedly, you should not have been "assured" of no price increase when you consider the fluctuating rate of the Euro and the dollar and the financial uncertainty facing the EU.

With that said, perhaps your sales person can find you the 2015 you want and allow you to apply your deposit toward that car. Here in the PNW there are 2015 models coming in all the time and sharp sales people are swapping, trading, and diverting cars to their dealerships all the time to meet an individual's demand. From the five PNW dealers I've spoken with, it's all about volume for them, not about the sales price.

I just called the Audi dealer in Tacoma (yea, I know, that's not close to Ohio), and was informed they had at least 7 Q3s inbound and that of course they'd trade and swap to meet the demand. You just have to have to have a sales person who can offer something in exchange.

I ordered a 2016 Q3 just because I wanted a 2016, but there were 3 2015 models in the same color (Monsoon Grey) and similar configuration on the ramp when I made the order just one week ago.

I don't know what kind of price you worked out with your dealer, but perhaps you'll be able to renegotiate a lower price unless you were already getting the 2016 at "cost." But before either of you begin renegotiating, you may want to wait until the actual invoice with 2016 numbers arrives. I don't know what others on this forum have discovered, but every Q3 I have priced in the PNW is showing an MSRP of 6% over invoice....so again, depending upon what you are paying, there may be a bit more room to lower the price. You'll be happy and the dealership will still add to their sales volume and get a nice year-end bonus.
post #3 of 62 Old 06-13-2015, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. I agree that stock is tight in southern OH. I also had to order, but I did not have to put down a deposit. I will say that the build cycle seemed to take longer than expected - I ordered at the begining of December waited closer to 16 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 Old 06-14-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Smile Thank you! And update

Thanks you guys. Okay, I went to the dealership yesterday (and took the ONLY one they had out for a 2 hour drive!), and talked to my sales guy. He gave me my order sheet, and also a comparison sheet of a 2015 v. 2016. I do feel better now, because it seems that although the price has increased, the options they have now included in the Prestige package pretty much make up the difference, so it shouldn't be a big price hike.
Whew!
And the good news is that it is now built, and status is listed as "In Transit from Factory." I'm told that once on the boat, it should be about two weeks. Does that sound right? Oh, and I also found out that it was indeed built in Germany, even though all the You Tube videos show Q3s being built in Spain. Hmm.
I will keep you posted - thank you!
post #5 of 62 Old 06-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Garage
It IS built in Spain at Martorell but the final assembly/inspection is in Wolfsburg. Because the German content is above 65% AND final assembly is in Germany, it gets a German VIN. If it's just "in transit from factory" that could mean either from Martorell to Wolfsburg or Wolfsburg to Emden (the port where it will leave to the states from). Your salesman should be able to tell you what port (either Davisville or Jacksonville) it should come into and when it should leave Emden. THAT date will determine which vessel it's on (DON'T trust Audi CIW info at this point, cuz it's prolly behind), and then you can go to PWL to find the schedule. Note, they change every week or so, so you'll need to visit their site (PWL.de) to find it. It will be more like 3-4 weeks from that date before you'll get it, plus I think Audi has limited port holds/releases on the new ones until about July 20th anyway...

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #6 of 62 Old 06-15-2015, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Oh my. The info my sales guy gives me NEVER matches what I read & hear from you guys. This is very troubling...
He assured me that the vehicle would arrive BEFORE my credit app expires (3.5 weeks now).
The "Audi hold" is what I was afraid of, this being a 2016. He denies that.
post #7 of 62 Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestergirl View Post
Oh my. The info my sales guy gives me NEVER matches what I read & hear from you guys. This is very troubling...
Nevermind. It's just too easy.
post #8 of 62 Old 06-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Garage
Don't be troubled - this is not as near an exact science as you might expect. BUT - you SHOULD have the facts. Audi will choose a date for any 2016 Q3 to be released to the public, and NO cars will be turned over to customers before that. Usually that date is before cars get here but not always. I think the date for the Q3 is July 20th, but I am NOT certain. I will try to confirm that later today.

Regardless, the process takes what it does and your ABS should be able to guide you carefully and confidently thru it - including dates to ship from Germany, arrive in the port here, and then at the dealership, and finally to your personal delivery. You must realize that shipment times vary for all kinds of reasons and transfers between trains, ships, and trucks and trucking times are NOT Audi's guarantee. They usually have a pretty conservative handle on it though and often your car will arrive earlier than they forecast at time of order. But generalities from the ABS are NOT a good gage.
Quatto likes this.

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #9 of 62 Old 06-16-2015, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
That's the thing with most times you're waiting on something, they over estimate for when it'll arrive, which is of course the best practice, rather have em know ahead of time than be running to you pissed!
post #10 of 62 Old 06-19-2015, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks you guys. Okay, I went to the dealership yesterday (and took the ONLY one they had out for a 2 hour drive!), and talked to my sales guy. He gave me my order sheet, and also a comparison sheet of a 2015 v. 2016. I do feel better now, because it seems that although the price has increased, the options they have now included in the Prestige package pretty much make up the difference, so it shouldn't be a big price hike.
Whew!
And the good news is that it is now built, and status is listed as "In Transit from Factory." I'm told that once on the boat, it should be about two weeks. Does that sound right? Oh, and I also found out that it was indeed built in Germany, even though all the You Tube videos show Q3s being built in Spain. Hmm.
I will keep you posted - thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page