30Likes

post #1 of 107 Old 07-09-2015, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Cool Update: My q3 is on the boat

HELLO!!
I've been informed by my dealer that my car is now on the ship, as of 7-8-15.
Very exciting!!
Okay, now back to trying not to think (obsess) about it.
post #2 of 107 Old 07-09-2015, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Congratulations!!!!

2015 Q3, Florett Silver Metallic, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
2013 A5 Cabriolet, Cuvee Silver, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
post #3 of 107 Old 07-09-2015, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Any idea when it will arrive?

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

post #4 of 107 Old 07-09-2015, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Awesome, congrats!

Have you already started to look into modifications and accessories?
post #5 of 107 Old 07-10-2015, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Great news vestergirl! I hope my Q3 will be heading out soon as well.

Now....since it's on the boat was your dealer able to provide an estimated delivery date? It's a bit confounding that in this day of shipping logistics there isn't a plan for transport that can be provided to the dealer and the customer. My wife recently ordered a new Subaru through the local dealer. They gave her the estimated time to arrival at the time of purchase ("late June"). Then part way through the process they gave her an arrival date and it came in one day after that. It appears that there's some uncertainty in the timing of car being loaded on the boat to the USA and that's why the dealer cannot provide any date until they have a port arrival date. My broker is saying "August" and that's as firm a date as I'm getting at this point. Does anyone else have their 2016 Q3 price firmed up? How Audi can be shipping cars without providing the necessary pricing to the dealer is beyond me. It appears they have released MSRP but not dealer invoice.
post #6 of 107 Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy View Post

Now....since it's on the boat was your dealer able to provide an estimated delivery date? It's a bit confounding that in this day of shipping logistics there isn't a plan for transport that can be provided to the dealer and the customer. My wife recently ordered a new Subaru through the local dealer. They gave her the estimated time to arrival at the time of purchase ("late June"). Then part way through the process they gave her an arrival date and it came in one day after that. It appears that there's some uncertainty in the timing of car being loaded on the boat to the USA and that's why the dealer cannot provide any date until they have a port arrival date. My broker is saying "August" and that's as firm a date as I'm getting at this point. Does anyone else have their 2016 Q3 price firmed up? How Audi can be shipping cars without providing the necessary pricing to the dealer is beyond me. It appears they have released MSRP but not dealer invoice.

I have a copy of my invoice w/ the invoice price and am 99% sure its already in port, so yours must be part of the second shipment. Did you have a specific configuration? It seems like the people who ordered specific configurations must be receiving cars from the second shipment from Germany. I don't think the dealerships receive pricing/copies of the invoice until the cars are in a US port.
post #7 of 107 Old 07-10-2015, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Any idea when it will arrive?

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
I wish I knew!! All I know is it was on the ship as of 7-8. I know I saw a couple of ships leaving the Emden port on 7-8 and 7-9 when I checked on 7-8, but now I can't remember their names - and apparently they update the schedule daily, which deletes the ships that have already left. UGH!
This is a lesson in patience for sure. The dealer told me once it hits RI, it has to go through customs, get loaded on the truck, and that process is another 7-10 days?! My only difficulty with the whole unknown is that although I've already been approved by Audi at A tier, I have to keep juggling things to keep the credit numbers up, because they run it again at the time of delivery. Don't want to get stung with a higher rate because my numbers slip in between. Plus, I still have my current car loan to pay on! Come ON, Audi!!
post #8 of 107 Old 07-10-2015, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatto View Post
Awesome, congrats!

Have you already started to look into modifications and accessories?
YES! The minute I ordered it, I started the drawings for my striping. I have always done the same striping on every car I've had, but this time will be different. Just a very thin line, with the Audi rings at the rear.
post #9 of 107 Old 07-10-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy View Post

Agreed. This process has felt disorganized and chaotic to me from the start. I thought I was just crazy at first - until I met you guys!
It does seem that in this day of modern technology and advanced GPS, and satellites everywhere....that the location of anything at anytime should be a piece of cake. Sounds like a lot of secrecy and BS to me.
Yeah, and I really don't like how we are still floundering on exact numbers. So very strange...
post #10 of 107 Old 07-10-2015, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity View Post
I have a copy of my invoice w/ the invoice price and am 99% sure its already in port, so yours must be part of the second shipment. Did you have a specific configuration? It seems like the people who ordered specific configurations must be receiving cars from the second shipment from Germany. I don't think the dealerships receive pricing/copies of the invoice until the cars are in a US port.
Hmmmm. What was your order date, if you don't mind my asking? My configuration, though individually ordered, is not that "specific." I mean, the Prestige package is what it is, I did not get the sport package (in fact, I was told in May that it wasn't even available yet), and I got the standard aluminum inlay. My only specifications were the metallic white with gray interior, and you would think that would be fairly common. So - who knows?!
I think these car manufacturers and dealers are enjoying their "aura of mystery." It's like a girl playing hard to get.
So, if yours is supposedly sitting in RI, aren't you getting annoyed that they aren't expediting it to you? Have you put any money down?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page