2016 invoice pricing? - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

post #1 of 28 Old 07-25-2015, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2016 invoice pricing?

My 2016 Q3 Prestige Quattro is arriving in 2 weeks. Purchase price is "invoice." Does anyone have a version of the 2016 Order Guide with invoice pricing? My dealer said he is estimating purchase price (6% off MSRP) until the car arrives, but it seems like the actual invoice pricing should be available now.

Thanks!
post #2 of 28 Old 07-25-2015, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Brush View Post
My 2016 Q3 Prestige Quattro is arriving in 2 weeks. Purchase price is "invoice." Does anyone have a version of the 2016 Order Guide with invoice pricing? My dealer said he is estimating purchase price (6% off MSRP) until the car arrives, but it seems like the actual invoice pricing should be available now.

Thanks!

{It IS available and has been for about 3 weeks - if he won't give it to you, PM me your Commission Number or VIN and I'll get it for you ...your car is PRICED NOW !!}

I screwed up and didn't read the note above correctly - I thought his car was already here for a few weeks. While "invoice" pricing info has been available for about a month or so, it falls right at about 6% (give or take roundoff) for everything except transportation and gas guzzler (if applicable). The actual invoice follows Customs Clearance whereby a legal window sticker (called a Monroney for the guy who supported legislation to have it) is then attached to the car. So only after the car has physically arrived and cleared, can the "real" invoice be available. I apologize for jumping the gun so to speak ...
R.Brush likes this.

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red

Last edited by rnlabas; 07-27-2015 at 04:07 PM.
post #3 of 28 Old 07-25-2015, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Very interesting - I was given a VIN on July 14th but am still waiting for the official pricing from my broker who is waiting to get it from the Audi sales guy. He sent me a sample invoice that is very close to mine in terms of model and options. Nice deal to get at invoice....Are you also able to get mine Roger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 07-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
Very interesting - I was given a VIN on July 14th but am still waiting for the official pricing from my broker who is waiting to get it from the Audi sales guy. He sent me a sample invoice that is very close to mine in terms of model and options. Nice deal to get at invoice....Are you also able to get mine Roger?

yup - just need a commission number or VIN ...

- Roger

post #5 of 28 Old 07-26-2015, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
the invoice price is on Edmunds.com and kbb.com

I was able to get our ordered Q3 for under invoice price.

when do we get the commission number?
post #6 of 28 Old 07-26-2015, 10:03 AM

Wow - It appears to be pretty common to get the Q3 for less than MSRP, but if you were able to buy it for less than dealer invoice, then congrats. I don't believe I've seen anyone else do that on this formum (2015 or 2016), but maybe I missed it.
post #7 of 28 Old 07-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
my car was bought under invoice also ...

- Roger

post #8 of 28 Old 07-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 949 View Post
the invoice price is on Edmunds.com and kbb.com

I was able to get our ordered Q3 for under invoice price.

when do we get the commission number?
You should have a Commission Number as soon as your order hits Order Intake status - about a week or so after your ABS actually orders the car. If he's just trying to "locate" a car for you, only when he finds it would you get the Comm Number (and VIN at the same time) cuz these located cars are (have been) already ordered for some time and they're just unsold and in the pipeline.

- Roger

post #9 of 28 Old 07-26-2015, 02:08 PM

OK you guys are making me feel sad :-) I didn't bother with the local dealer because they can sell every car they can get according to the sales person.. the broker has a standard discount off MSRP for a given brand/model and some are more heavily discounted than others. According to Edmonds it appeared that average was around $400 over invoice on the Q3. My wife's Subaru was invoice +$200 using the Costco program. So congrats to you who were able to get the dealer under invoice. Surprising on this car in particular. Perhaps you can share negotiating tips :-)
post #10 of 28 Old 07-26-2015, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
OK you guys are making me feel sad :-) I didn't bother with the local dealer because they can sell every car they can get according to the sales person.. the broker has a standard discount off MSRP for a given brand/model and some are more heavily discounted than others. According to Edmonds it appeared that average was around $400 over invoice on the Q3. My wife's Subaru was invoice +$200 using the Costco program. So congrats to you who were able to get the dealer under invoice. Surprising on this car in particular. Perhaps you can share negotiating tips :-)

Don't feel sad - most folks pay what it takes to get the car they want - period. That's just how a free market works. You could have joined the Audi Club of America for $50 waited 6 months and as an Audi Club member - get 6% off or invoice... even more with more knowledge and negotiating.

- Roger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page