How much is a good deal for q3? - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

post #1 of 22 Old 09-28-2015, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How much is a good deal for q3?

Hellos everyone! My name is Chris and I'm new to this forum. I'm in the process of purchasing a 2016 q3 and want to know if I'm getting a good deal? I'm from la california and I Jst recently looked at a 2016 q3 Quattro with premium package starting at $35800. It also includes technology $2600, power tailgate $400, garage door opener $295 on monsoon gray metallic $575. How much do u guys think I should negotiate the price out the door?

Thanks in advance!
post #2 of 22 Old 09-28-2015, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Garage
First, welcome to the forum - hope you get the car you want at the price you think is fair. A lot will depend on whether you have a trade, are using cash, some other kind of financing or leasing - as all these things change the picture considerably in many cases.

But let's just take a straight-up cash deal, no trades, no hooks into anything other than a best deal on the car. Take the total MSRP from the Monroney sticker, subtract the transportation costs ($925) and try to get at least a 6% discount on the rest. Then add back the $925 and if you can get better than that, I'd say you were doing good. Any more of a discount is icing on your cake - enjoy it.

You'll also have to pay something for the dealer's administration fee, which can be as low as $99 and I've heard as high as $699 - most in the $3-500 range, but they usually don't budge much from them whatever it is. Then of course you'll have to pay your own state sales tax and tags (may include a property tax) which are non-negotiable anyway.

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #3 of 22 Old 09-28-2015, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Gotcha! With ca 9% state tax, fees and licensing. It looks like it would be around $42-43k out the door for a fair price. Thanks so much! Also would it be worth it to get additional warranties on the car such as Audi pure protection (mechanical breakdown coverage) for 5yrs/60k miles for $1800 for a new car that will only be driven 10k a year the most? and Audi care maintenance for $829 for 5yrs/45k miles?

post #4 of 22 Old 09-28-2015, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The warranty is really up to you - Audi Pure Care is underwritten by Fidelity, perhaps the biggest, oldest and best of these providers - it is managed by the servicing dealer- usually looks and feels just like the Audi factory warranty for the most part - and overlaps with it. That means, if you have Pure Care on the car at the same time as your factory warranty, only one of them will pay - and the Pure Care terms START at the same time as your factory warranty - NOT after it runs out. So a 6 year Pure Care is for a TOTAL of 6 years, NOT the factory 4 plus 6 for a total of 10.

Based on your comment of mileage, it would depend upon the term. If you're the type that needs a new car every 2 years or so, forget it, unless you put 30K a year. But if you only put 10K on it and you expect to have the car after 4 years, I might consider it. Same with Pure Protection - it's a pretty good deal for high flyers, but prolly not so for low miles over a longer term use...

- Roger

post #5 of 22 Old 09-28-2015, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_drosa View Post
....... and Audi care maintenance for $829 for 5yrs/45k miles?
I went with this because we intend to have the Q3 for at least 5 years, my wife will generally drive under 10K miles per year, and every car we've owned over the last 25 years we've taken to the respective dealer for service.

The car will go in for its standard FREE 5K service, and after that it will be serviced every 12 months....not at the 10K intervals if my wife continues to drive less than 10K per year.....
BobInPa likes this.

2016 Q3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Prestige, Florett Silver/Black
post #6 of 22 Old 09-29-2015, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey u guys! I Jst drove out the lot with my new q3. Was able to get the car out the door for 41k including licensing, taxes, etc.. And another 3k on top for the pure protection, care maintenance and gap protection for peace of mind. Thank u guys for the big help! Really appreciate it! I Hope to learn a lot more from u guys since I don't know much about Audi.. Thanks again everyone for helping a first time Audi owner.
post #7 of 22 Old 09-29-2015, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_drosa View Post
Hey u guys! I Jst drove out the lot with my new q3. Was able to get the car out the door for 41k including licensing, taxes, etc.. And another 3k on top for the pure protection, care maintenance and gap protection for peace of mind. Thank u guys for the big help! Really appreciate it! I Hope to learn a lot more from u guys since I don't know much about Audi.. Thanks again everyone for helping a first time Audi owner.
I wonder if the VW scandal has made it easier to negotiate down the prices of Audi vehicles. I imagine that they are seeing sales slow a bit. It must have some affect
post #8 of 22 Old 09-29-2015, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

I don't know what the scandal is about but I hope it's nothing too crazy that it affects audi and its reliability. I'll have to look up that scandal for myself.
post #9 of 22 Old 09-29-2015, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
that scandal has me wondering what else about VW may be off that we have yet to discover as we have with the diesel situation.
Q3User likes this.
post #10 of 22 Old 09-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
ahhh - the beginnings of a conspiracy theory - "Unintended Nitrous Oxidation" or UNO for short - wasn't that a pretty cool French card game about cars? Ooops, can't have that then. How about "Intended Oxides of Nitrogen" or ION for short - wasn't that some kind of other car that didn't succeed too well either? Ooops, can't have that then. How about ... you get the drift -
Q3User likes this.

- Roger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page