Cortina White vs. Glacier White vs. Ibis White - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

post #1 of 19 Old 09-19-2014, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cortina White vs. Glacier White vs. Ibis White

I have not yet seen a Cortina White Q3 in person.

How does it compare to Audi's Glacier White and Ibis White? Trying to get a feel for this color.
post #2 of 19 Old 09-19-2014, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
My fiance just took delivery of her Cortina White Q3 last Saturday. They had a Glacier White one when we bought hers, and the best way I can describe the difference is that Cortina is a cleaner white. The Glacier did not look metallic/pearlescent as I had hoped, instead it was more of a greyish/dirty looking white. But that's just my opinion/observation
post #3 of 19 Old 09-23-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaQ3 View Post
My fiance just took delivery of her Cortina White Q3 last Saturday. They had a Glacier White one when we bought hers, and the best way I can describe the difference is that Cortina is a cleaner white. The Glacier did not look metallic/pearlescent as I had hoped, instead it was more of a greyish/dirty looking white. But that's just my opinion/observation

Thank you for the insight. Wonder how Cortina compares to Ibis then, as Ibis is a striking pure white...

post #4 of 19 Old 09-23-2014, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Cortina & Glacier are the only options for the Q3 that I know of/can see listed, but I can only assume that the Ibis and Cortina would be very similar.

Edit: I see you were just using Ibis for comparative purposes. I still think it's probably the same as/very similar to Cortina
post #5 of 19 Old 09-23-2014, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I believe Glacier is the base white, like you see all the 3 series painted in. ITs much flatter, less depth.

Cheaper to repair in the event of an accident however...
post #6 of 19 Old 04-29-2015, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Talking Glacier IS the metallic white!

Just to clarify, Glacier White is the metallic white. It sparkles in the sun...very pretty.
deverelle likes this.
post #7 of 19 Old 04-29-2015, 09:30 AM

To me, the Cortina white looked brighter/incandescent/brilliant and the Glacier white more sparkly/metallic/pearlescent...

Also, the Q5 color options are: Glacier white metallic or Ibis White
while the Q3 color options are: Glacier white metallic or Cortina White

I believe (and don't quote on this) that Ibis white is the same color as Cortina white or glacier they are just called different on different models. I remember being in the dealership lot and just pointing my finger at white cars and letting the sales guy call out the name of the white colors.

I remember asking him about the Ibis white since I noticed that he only called it out on a Q5 and he mentioned that it was the same as Cortina (or Glacier white) but just called different.
deverelle likes this.
post #8 of 19 Old 04-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehechter View Post
To me, the Cortina white looked brighter/incandescent/brilliant and the Glacier white more sparkly/metallic/pearlescent...

Also, the Q5 color options are: Glacier white metallic or Ibis White
while the Q3 color options are: Glacier white metallic or Cortina White

I believe (and don't quote on this) that Ibis white is the same color as Cortina white or glacier they are just called different on different models. I remember being in the dealership lot and just pointing my finger at white cars and letting the sales guy call out the name of the white colors.

I remember asking him about the Ibis white since I noticed that he only called it out on a Q5 and he mentioned that it was the same as Cortina (or Glacier white) but just called different.
Audi does NOT change the name of a color for a different model - Ibis is a non-metallic white - the brightest non-metallic they have. Cortina is also non-metallic but a shade of yellow added to Ibis. Glacier has some blue and silver metallic powders to yield a pearlescent effect while Suzuka has some black, blue and silver powders for a touch of gray and pearl.

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #9 of 19 Old 04-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Garage
btw, there are at least 22 different whites from Audi and they usually keep the names forever, some used or not used for exclusive colors from model to model, but the names stay the same regardless.

for grins, here are some recents : Alpine, Amalfi, Arctic, Atlas, Brilliant, Calla, Campanella, Candy, Carrara, Casablanca, Cortina, Exclusive White, Glacier, Ibis, Ivory, Lotus, Pastel, Pearl, Pearlescent, Polar, Pure, White Pearl, and Suzuka (technically a gray, but most folks who see Suzuka and Ibis side by side cannot tell the difference until nightfall or off-shade bright sun)

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red

Last edited by rnlabas; 04-29-2015 at 12:34 PM.
post #10 of 19 Old 04-29-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlabas View Post
Audi does NOT change the name of a color for a different model - Ibis is a non-metallic white - the brightest non-metallic they have. Cortina is also non-metallic but a shade of yellow added to Ibis. Glacier has some blue and silver metallic powders to yield a pearlescent effect while Suzuka has some black, blue and silver powders for a touch of gray and pearl.
Thanks for the clarification (on the color names)... and this is coming from the sales guy from my dealership. I never got a chance to confirm the white color names. This is also the same guy that also told me that Texas no longer requires front license plates.....

I called the DMV a couple of days after to confirm and guess what.... Texas still requires to have a front and back license plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page