Sliding sun visor - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sliding sun visor

Unlike the refrigerated glove box, the sun visor is actually well thought out.

When you swing it sideways to block sun coming in the side window, you can slide it out along the metal rod that acts as the hinge, so that it shades the aft portion of the window. This is great for tall people who have the seat pretty far back, where the little visor would otherwise be of little use when driving north or south.

I'm pretty sure my old B5 A4 lacked this feature. If I am wrong and overlooked it for 20 years, I'm not sure I even want to know now...

2017 Q3 premium quattro
post #2 of 4 Old 03-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carkarl View Post
Unlike the refrigerated glove box, the sun visor is actually well thought out.

When you swing it sideways to block sun coming in the side window, you can slide it out along the metal rod that acts as the hinge, so that it shades the aft portion of the window. This is great for tall people who have the seat pretty far back, where the little visor would otherwise be of little use when driving north or south.

I'm pretty sure my old B5 A4 lacked this feature. If I am wrong and overlooked it for 20 years, I'm not sure I even want to know now...
This was an added new feature in late 2016, so early Q3s don't have it. Please don't rip your visor out trying to slide what can't be slid. The part is about $200+ to replace, and they'll prolly laugh at your warranty?look, if/when trying... If you have the non-sliding version and want the new one for $200+, it'll fit.

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #3 of 4 Old 03-21-2017, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlabas View Post
This was an added new feature in late 2016, so early Q3s don't have it. Please don't rip your visor out trying to slide what can't be slid. The part is about $200+ to replace, and they'll prolly laugh at your warranty?look, if/when trying... If you have the non-sliding version and want the new one for $200+, it'll fit.
Thanks for the heads up.

I actually gave up using the sun visor after I swung it over to block the glare something through the driver's side window and smacked the sunglasses off my own face.

An elderly couple crossing the street saw the whole thing and laughed at me.

Not sure how it happened. (Can't solve the problem if you don't understand it). Obviously, it was my fault, but it has been a phobia of mine to move the visor ever since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-22-2017, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
Stupid thing is that this is a very easy part to do - all of the Japanese & Korean brands have had it for years & I saw my first one in a Honda back in 1991 - yet the Germans act like if they didn't think of it, then they are going to make the customers wait it out.

Usually, it hit the lower margin tier of cars like the Q3 or in my Mother's case her CLA - which is low to the ground (seating) & the visors don't slide out to block the sun.

Current Stable:
2015.VW GTI.4S in Midnight Blue+LP+MM
2016.Audi Q3 Prestige Quattro in Mythos Black+Chestnut+Aluminum+Sport Pack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page