2Likes

post #1 of 13 Old 08-05-2014, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Garage
What? NO Seat Memory, NO HomeLink for US/NA

Yup it's true. In fact Audi apparently thinks that NO ONE who drives an A3 or Q3 wants seat memory with their 12-way electric seats. How can that even be? With 2 mirrors, 4 step motors each, 2 seats with 12 step motors each, that's only about 32K of memory required. Shoot, the switches and wiring costs more than that. But Audi still wants almost $600 for the seat memory feature on other cars (A4,A5...) where in Germany for example they're still SEPARATE options - can you believe?

Ditto HomeLink : apparently Audi has no clue how useful that feature here is either - so it's not offered at all on the A3/Q3. Auto rain sensor and integrated compass/dimming mirror are standard, but HomeLink was simply kidnapped and not available at any ransom -
post #2 of 13 Old 08-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My TT doesn't have seat memory either, and it's frustrating to see that kind of oversight on a luxury vehicle. I'm very pleased with the rest of the vehicle though. If I wanted features, I would buy an Acura or an Infiniti. I choose design and engineering, and hence I bought an Audi. The TT does at least have the HomeLink though.

Anyway, these aren't deal breakers for me on the Q3. The HomeLink may be able to be added later, as an enthusiast mod.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-05-2014, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I think HomeLink is already in the pipeline for the A3, not sure about the Q3 - which I have on order btw, so it hasn't stopped me, just frustrated me...

As you say HomeLink is not a code (VAGCOM) issue, as would be the seat memory (DCM or BCM), so conceivably could be integrated aftermarket.

post #4 of 13 Old 08-05-2014, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Also - my TT hasn't got seat memory (and can't be had) which has been a frustration in my household. My point being of course, some features are desirable enough to be at least available across ALL of the Audi line, as some folks here still least buy the car (model) they want to then equip it the way they want. The Germans usually instead buy the cheapest (least equipped) high model they can afford rather than build smaller cars to a higher level. You can't imagine why they might buy electric windows for the front but not the back, or electric seat just for the driver and no one else, but these were/are VERY popular options a long time in Germany.
post #5 of 13 Old 08-31-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sucks. I thought I missed reading it on the brochure. For those who have additional drivers, the lack of memory seats is a bad oversight.
wkathym likes this.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-02-2014, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity View Post
Sucks. I thought I missed reading it on the brochure. For those who have additional drivers, the lack of memory seats is a bad oversight.
It is, I have a friend that shares a vehicle with his wife and son and i know for them this would be a problem.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-03-2014, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Anyway of using the module from another Audi that has memory seats?

I'm also going to be looking at adding a 3 button homelink via headliner.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-04-2014, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looking forward to the eventual "How-To" thread when someone figures out how to retrofit the homelink and memory seats from a European Q3.
wkathym likes this.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-04-2014, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqu3 View Post
Looking forward to the eventual "How-To" thread when someone figures out how to retrofit the homelink and memory seats from a European Q3.
Why would Audi offer memory seats and homelink for Europe and not the USA?
post #10 of 13 Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
should be something that they offer globally IMO, especially in the USA seeing how many other companies already have it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page