Need help programming Homelink - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

post #1 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Need help programming Homelink

I would appreciate advice from someone who has successfully programmed their garage door opener on the 2016 Q3. There were no instructions with my car so my broker and the dealer gave me a link to a video and the homelink website.

I have now found multiple versions with slight differences and am unclear which is correct.

1) does the car need to be in accessory mode on, or fully or shut off?
2) where does one point the garage door opener during the learning process and how far did you keep the remote from the car to get it to work?
3) how long did it take before the flashers did the 3 flashes?

Thanks

John
2016 Q3 Prestige
Mythos Black w/Chestnut Brown
Sport Package
post #2 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Also - my broker said there was something in the MMI settings and I see that there is on some audis - at least per the video on the usa audi website. But I don't find a homelink option in my MMI. I also don't see a subwoofer listed on the tone controls yet I have the bose 14 speaker system with subwoofer. there is only a base and treble no subwoofer.

John
2016 Q3 Prestige
Sport Package
post #3 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
I would appreciate advice from someone who has successfully programmed their garage door opener on the 2016 Q3. There were no instructions with my car so my broker and the dealer gave me a link to a video and the homelink website.
I can only tell you what worked for me....without instructions.....

1.Turn on the ignition.
2. Hold down the Homelink button that you want to program until it begins to flash....then release it.
3. While holding your garage door opener about 3-6 inches from the Homelink and while observing the flashing Homelink light, press and hold the button on your garage door opener until the light on your Homelink button stops flashing.
4. Using your Homelink, open your garage door, park your car, go in the house for a cold beer and watch some college football....that's what I'm doing right now.....

2016 Q3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Prestige, Florett Silver/Black

post #4 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Also - my broker said there was something in the MMI settings and I see that there is on some audis - at least per the video on the usa audi website. But I don't find a homelink option in my MMI. I also don't see a subwoofer listed on the tone controls yet I have the bose 14 speaker system with subwoofer. there is only a base and treble no subwoofer.
You won't find anything about the Homelink in the MMI like you might on other Audi automobiles because unlike those other cars, your Homelink was installed at the port in San Diego.....not at the factory.

I too have the Bose system, which I really, really like, but you are correct, with the Bose you do NOT have a subwoofer adjustment on the MMI like you might with the standard system. But will notice there is an option DSP (Bose), or something like that, that gives you a sub-menu....

post #5 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Here is the instruction card that came with mine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scan0001.pdf (210.8 KB, 143 views)

2016 Q3 Prestige | Sport Package | Mythos Black
2006 S4 25Quattro #129/250 | H&R | Koni | XS Power | Fast Intentions | Intake Spacers | Hotchkis | JHM 93
post #6 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks - that's the way it was programmed on my wife's new Subaru and hey, they even put instructions in the car that matched the actual process - imagine that. It appears that both my broker and his dealer partner were full of.....ah bad advice....pointing me to instructions for the systems that are integrated and it also appears that Audi doesn't have their act together by having on-line instructions or a hand-out in the car that matches the system installed. Wow....

John
2016 Q3 Prestige
Sport Package
post #7 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Well that was a piece of cake - took all of 1 minute. Amazing how having the right instructions helps....thanks so much for passing along.

John
2016 Q3 Prestige
Sport Package
post #8 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks - that's the way it was programmed on my wife's new Subaru and hey, they even put instructions in the car that matched the actual process - imagine that. It appears that both my broker and his dealer partner were full of.....ah bad advice....pointing me to instructions for the systems that are integrated and it also appears that Audi doesn't have their act together by having on-line instructions or a hand-out in the car that matches the system installed. Wow....
The Houston port did not include instructions for us either, but they were provided by the dealer when I asked for them. This POI added Homelink for the Q3 is relatively new....I'm confident Audi will find its groove by the time the memory seats are standard equipment on the Q3.

BTW: I found the handout that is supposed to added to the car at the port to be useless. I just programmed ours like I have every loaner car we've had.

post #9 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I would have been fine if they had just said that...but they steered me to videos and written instructions that that were for the integrated system, even noting the MMI integration. So I was a train headed down the wrong track. Oh well. Only cost was 30 minutes and some frustration. Delighted it's working now.
John

John
2016 Q3 Prestige
Sport Package
post #10 of 36 Old 09-12-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Well that was a piece of cake - took all of 1 minute. Amazing how having the right instructions helps....thanks so much for passing along.
Um, did you go as far as step 4?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page