Music starts every time when ignition on? - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

post #1 of 19 Old 06-12-2016, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Music starts every time when ignition on?

Hi,

Every time I start my Q3, music will come on automatically, regardless of whether it's on or off last time. Even though I explicitly turn music off before ignition off, next time when ignition on music will start playing automatically again.

Any idea how to turn off this "feature" (that is not to start playing music automatically). Turning off the MMI before ignition off will stop it from playing music when ignition on, but then there won't be bluetooth connection for my phone until I "wake up" the MMI again.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
post #2 of 19 Old 06-12-2016, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage
Turn the volume right down?

2015 Q3 Quattro Cortina White/Black, Technik, Sport, mudflaps, Weathertech, Carista, 2.0 TFSI Canada
post #3 of 19 Old 06-13-2016, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I think it's pretty much what you have it down there as. One or the other... It's either wait to connect bluetooth, or have the music

Bryan
Livin' the dream, Don't wake me up just yet

post #4 of 19 Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Hmm, and you can't simply "mute" the "music?"

I'm not sure what "music" you are referring to, whether it's a CD, the radio, or MP3 or what, but I've always found when I "mute" the entertainment before shutting down the car, it is still muted when I start it up.....

2016 Q3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Prestige, Florett Silver/Black
post #5 of 19 Old 06-15-2016, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

@boblepp : I am pretty sure I tried volume right down before ignition off, and I don't think it works... but I will try again tomorrow.

@Klassic : Seems like you are facing the same issue as mine...

@DampDuffer : That would be what I expected but it didn't work on mine though. Let's say it's playing music from the SD card, I muted it before ignition off but it will start playing again from the same source when ignition on next time. And it is the same for other media too (bluetooth, radio, etc).

As a result, a lot of times, the first thing I have to do after ignition on is to manually mute the music before anything else... that's why I am asking for help in case I am missing something.

Thanks,
post #6 of 19 Old 06-15-2016, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I have same issue. There is no "mute" that works in the off/on of the vehicle except the shut down the MMI completely. There is a thread I started awhile back on this and Roger explained that is it like a smart phone in operation and the only way to mute it when shutting down is to hard shut down the MMI. Kinda dumb not to have a simple "off" for the radio volume.

2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Cortina White - Hers
2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Glacier White - His
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Tusk White - Mine
post #7 of 19 Old 06-16-2016, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

@john : thanks for confirming that

That's too bad, seems like Audi overlooked this obvious one. Or they just don't bother to do it right, otherwise they can easily patch the software to remember the last setting before the car is off.
post #8 of 19 Old 06-16-2016, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry - but what I've said before is still true - since MMI was first introduced, it works this way. There have been a few variations on start-up volume and source, but generally not an audio-only off. The only way I know to do what you want is to select an SD card in the media section for which no card is inserted... This will also allow you to receive calls with no music on or muted in the background if you want to drive that way. If you shut down the MMI to get quiet, you will usually lose your phone answering capability too...

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
post #9 of 19 Old 06-16-2016, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Exclamation

Don't flame me for this as this is just my opinion and I do love the Q3 (I have 2!) but my wife and I agree that the Infotainment System is the weakest link of this vehicle. If they could take the system from the Kia Soul and drop it in the Q3 it would make it so much better! Again, just expressing my view of the MMI system...
rnlabas, deverelle and Klassic like this.

2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Cortina White - Hers
2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Glacier White - His
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Tusk White - Mine
post #10 of 19 Old 06-18-2016, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion Roger. I will give it a try and see.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page