2015 Q3 MMI reset - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

post #1 of 14 Old 07-20-2015, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
2015 Q3 MMI reset

Can anyone tell me how to reset this MMI. I am having some issues with it displaying text on the screen. You can see the outline of a box moving when you use the MMI but there is not an words on the screen. Some screens work fine and others have this problem. The only reset instructions I can find online are for the MMI controls in the console by the shifter. I have the MMI control on the dash right above the climate controls.

Thanks in advance

Foster
post #2 of 14 Old 07-20-2015, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Foster, I think that a trip to the dealer is on order for this one....

2015 Q3, Florett Silver Metallic, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
2013 A5 Cabriolet, Cuvee Silver, Quattro with lots-o-bells & whistles
post #3 of 14 Old 07-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flee27 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to reset this MMI. I am having some issues with it displaying text on the screen. You can see the outline of a box moving when you use the MMI but there is not an words on the screen. Some screens work fine and others have this problem. The only reset instructions I can find online are for the MMI controls in the console by the shifter. I have the MMI control on the dash right above the climate controls.

Thanks in advance

Foster
Foster , this seems to be a bigger issue than a mere reset or cold boot. While there are ways to this thru the MMI, I'd rather you have the dealer risk an upset to your system. It just doesn't sound like a user-intended issue to resolve.

Btw, welcome to our forum - I hope you find more stuff to aid your ownership experience ...

- Roger

2014 R8 V10+ 6MT, Daytona Gray Pearl/Black w/Diamond Stitching
2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
2016 TTS, Nano/Express Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 07-21-2015, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. The dealer is not at all convenient to me but I am guessing that is where I will end up. Would still love to know how to preform the reset it anyone knows for future reference.

Thanks again
post #5 of 14 Old 07-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. The dealer is not at all convenient to me but I am guessing that is where I will end up. Would still love to know how to preform the reset it anyone knows for future reference.

Thanks again
I don't think THIS is the reset you mean - but you can try it. There is another thru the so-called "green" (DOS-or SQL-looking) screen, but access to THAT must be first set up thru VCDS or a visit to your dealer ...

- Roger

post #6 of 14 Old 07-21-2015, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

I found that one during my search. My problem is I don't have the "setup" button. My MMI controls are not by the shifter but are about the climate controls on the dash.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I found that one during my search. My problem is I don't have the "setup" button. My MMI controls are not by the shifter but are about the climate controls on the dash.
No worries - use the same button geometry as shown - NOT the labels...

- Roger

post #8 of 14 Old 09-07-2015, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a 2016 Q3 Quattro and I can't find the "setup" button either, can you show a picture of the sequence.

Thanks
post #9 of 14 Old 09-07-2015, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo50 View Post
I have a 2016 Q3 Quattro and I can't find the "setup" button either, can you show a picture of the sequence.

Thanks
On your MMI control panel, to the right of the control knob/joy stick, press "MENU."

After the menu has an opportunity to fill, select "SETTINGS" located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
There you go
rnlabas likes this.

2016 Q3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Prestige, Florett Silver/Black
post #10 of 14 Old 09-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DampDuffer View Post
On your MMI control panel, to the right of the control knob/joy stick, press "MENU."

After the menu has an opportunity to fill, select "SETTINGS" located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
There you go
I don't think they were asking where the settings menu is in the MMI on the Q3. I think they were asking for clarification as to which button combination is the same as the button combination on other Audis which have a "setup" button in their controls while we with the Q3 do not have a "setup" button. Rogers clarified instructions were to use the same button geometry, meaning use the buttons that are in the same location in relation to eachother as the "setup" button combination used in other Audis even though the button labels may read different things.

Edit: after watching the video Roger linked, and looking at a picture of the Q3 MMI controls (since I'm not near my vehicle) I believe the button combination would be either [media + center button + top right] or [car + center button + top right button]. Since the layout of the buttons is slightly different (4 buttons in a square on each side of the center controls instead of in a straight line down each side) than the video I'm not exactly sure which combo it would be but I would try those and see if it works.

Last edited by Ourob0r0s11; 09-07-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page