Redesigned 2019 Q3 - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 7 Old 07-26-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Redesigned 2019 Q3

So yesterday I took a look at the newly redesigned Q3 (I didn't test drive it I just viewed it). Nice looking on the outside. Inside the instrument panel and console look good too. I'm not a fan of drink holes in the console without the ability to close a cover to hid them, but that's me. The seats, while comfortable to sit on looked "plain", with a somewhat dull stitching pattern and non-perforated leather. Unfortunately, the optional "sport seating" is only available in black, brown and light beige leather is optional, but not available in the "sport seats"....oh well. Next, I plan on driving it to judge the power train and handling. Hopefully it has more get up and go compared to the previous edition that was admittedly lacking. Has anyone driven one?
post #2 of 7 Old 08-01-2019, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
I noticed the EPA mileage ratings are worse for the redesigned Q3 then for the Q5. You would think they’d be the same or better.

2016 Q3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Prestige, Glacier White/Chestnut
post #3 of 7 Old 08-01-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Yesterday I noticed Audi change the "fuel requirement" for the 2019 Q3......now they spec "regular" fuel. Previously they spec'd "premium" with a caveat that one could use "regular" with some decreased performance. I agree the EPA mileage rating for the new Q3 isn't very impressive and I don't understand why. All I know is that I always get better mileage than the posted EPA numbers on all my cars.

Also.....strange but true, beginning in November the new Q3 will be stickered as a 2020. Wierd that they would label the Q3 for only 2-3 months as a 2019......strange?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-02-2019, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob175 View Post
So yesterday I took a look at the newly redesigned Q3 (I didn't test drive it I just viewed it). Nice looking on the outside. Inside the instrument panel and console look good too. I'm not a fan of drink holes in the console without the ability to close a cover to hid them, but that's me. The seats, while comfortable to sit on looked "plain", with a somewhat dull stitching pattern and non-perforated leather. Unfortunately, the optional "sport seating" is only available in black, brown and light beige leather is optional, but not available in the "sport seats"....oh well. Next, I plan on driving it to judge the power train and handling. Hopefully it has more get up and go compared to the previous edition that was admittedly lacking. Has anyone driven one?
Rob I did a test drive just last week. Good acceleration with Slight turbo lag. A lot of plastic inside the car - seat backs, side door panels, a lot of Tec stuff inside, maybe a little too much, liked the wireless car charger also to me q3 seems a little boxy in its looks. But the gas mileage is disappointing. Average is 22-23 plus premium fuel even though they say you can use regular but you loose some performance. This is a turn off for me. I have spoken to other Audi owners and they rave about there audi’s.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-05-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Lou....I too agree with all the "plastic" hard feel and look on the inside. A bit dissapointing. I know its a less expensive model in the Audi line but it's still $40M plus.....once you add a few options. The Q5 would be my first choice but it's about $10M more. I wish the new integrated info screen was built into the dash on the Q5 like it is on the Q3....and I'm guessing it will be in the next couple of years since many of their other models have redesigned panels. So for now, I'll take a test drive in the new Q3 but I'll keep my mind open to the more expensive Q5.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-10-2019, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been going back and forth between the Q 3 & Benz GLA250. Each one offers various perks with electronics and interior options. I have driven the GLA250 MATIC for a few days. My cousin brought a "19 and except for the infoscreen, which is where it is placed, the interior was plush Mercedes, avg of 27 mpg verus 23 for Q3, run flats -no spare tire - which I am not a fan of as I have them on my 2013 Bemmer which I brought a doughnut for. Q3 except for some of the plastic inside the interior is very well put together and I would go the the Prestige Model with the 19" tires, spare included, love the wireless charger, infoscreen and all the new stuff they have. Plan on making a decision in Nov around my birthday - the 2020's for the GLA should be rolling in and Q3 will be a 2020 but the same as a '19. I'll post when I am ready to pull the trigger.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-13-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Keep me posted as to your opinion on the MB.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page