2019 Q3 - some things I noticed - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 12 Old 08-16-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2018 sport premium q3 and I’m going to trade in my lease for a 2019/2020 but I can’t understand a few things:
1. Audi advanced key - why does the 2019 still have the old looking key? You would think that they would have changed it to the new style without the flip out key.
2. The American model has the worst available rims. The ones available in Canada are much better looking.
3. Does anyone know if the new model has the foot kick at the rear hatch where it opens it hands free?
4. Does the s line on the premium plus or the prestige not have the flat bottom steering wheel?

Last edited by powluccio; 08-16-2019 at 06:10 PM.
post #2 of 12 Old 08-17-2019, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello from Vancouver, Canada, we just received our Chronos Grey Tecnik S Line Q3 and enjoying it. With some quirks.

Quick answers to the questions you provided (reminder bought Canadian specs).

1. Yes old Key, don't know why?
2. Rims for S-Line Package are nice - two tone
3. Yes to Foot kick Rear hatch
4. Non-S-Line has the Heated/Non-Flat bottom Steering wheel, but it does look boring.

Good luck, hope you get one...

Regards, L
post #3 of 12 Old 08-20-2019, 05:15 PM

Hi ljho88, I'm also from the Vancouver area and very interested in buying a 2019 or 2020 Q3. I was hoping I could get your thoughts on the following:

1) Is yours a 2019 or 2020 MY ? I heard that the 2019 MY will be a short one and the 2020's will be coming out in a few months as one can order now from the Cdn 2020 order guide ?

2)If yours is a 2019 with S-Line package, can you confirm that it does not have a heated steering wheel? I had also heard from some other forum that the 2020 model with S-Line will have it.

3) What are the "quirks" you alluded to ? Some reviews have mentioned that shifts, particularly upshifts, can be jerky. Have you experienced this ? What are your initial thoughts so far on your vehicle?

4) did you cross-shop against the X1 and the XC40, and if so, what made you choose the Q3 over the other two? I really like the exterior of the XC40 but even if you get the base Momentum and build it up with the Premium package it gets to about $48K; bit steep for a Volvo here in Canada, whereas in the US all models seem to be cheaper than its direct competitors.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-08-2019, 11:36 PM

I got my 2019 Q3 progressive model last week.

One thing I noticed - when I turned on the ignition and the front passenger seat is occupied by an adult, the "passenger airbag on" indicator in the headliner remains on for about 20-25 seconds and then it will no longer lit (i.e. does not remain on while driving).
However if the front passenger seat is unoccupied, the "passenger airbag off" indicator in the headliner remains on while I am driving. It is never off.

Is there some issues with the sensor detecting the passenger and that's why it is only on for about 20-25 seconds and then turn off?
I read the user manual and it indicates that the "passenger airbag on" must remain on.

Can someone share what you are seeing in your car with me?
I want to make sure if it not my mis-interpretation of the user manual before I get my sales rep to have a technician look at it. Thanks!
post #5 of 12 Old 09-12-2019, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
I’m. Current 2015 and now 2018 Q3 owner and I like both of these cars but they’re so far behind in tech and engine specs.

How’s the 2019/2020 model?

Digital dash.

8 speed?

Lag on acceleration?

Can you get B&O stereo?

: )

2015 Q3 Prestige Edition w/ Quattro | Monsoon Gray | 19" Tires | Sport Package
post #6 of 12 Old 09-13-2019, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I have a 2015 Q3 that I really like. I test drove the new Q3 two times, as I was considering buying one. Although the increased size, and 28 more horsepower is just what was needed, and the newer tech is nice, I was not overly impressed. The suspension seems to be tuned for a softer ride, but at the expense of handling. Also, although the interior is more modern looking, the materials/trim seems like a step down from the old Q3...it just feels a little less premium to me. The standard front seats are even less supportive than the old Q3 seats. (the sport seats would be a must have option for me in the new Q3). For about the same money, I bought a 2017 CPO SQ5, with 13,000 miles. I think that feels and drives much more Audi-like.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-14-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipaola View Post
I’m. Current 2015 and now 2018 Q3 owner and I like both of these cars but they’re so far behind in tech and engine specs.

How’s the 2019/2020 model?

Digital dash.

8 speed?

Lag on acceleration?

Can you get B&O stereo?

: )
Digital dash=awesome
8 speed= no issues ie no lugging seems to stay in 4th or 5th around town
No lag
B&O yes= 15 speakers 600+watt output
post #8 of 12 Old 09-15-2019, 09:06 AM

Garage
Did they finally add memory seats?

Is the GPS fixed, my 2018 NAV takes me to the wrong location ALL THE TIME!

post #9 of 12 Old 09-15-2019, 02:31 PM

No memory seats and GPS is fine
post #10 of 12 Old 09-15-2019, 03:52 PM

Garage
Really irked that memory seats are not an option. How can they miss such a simple and in my opinion an obvious option...heck memory seats should come standard in a $40,000 vehicle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page