A look inside one of Audi's hipster parties - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 7 Old 05-21-2014, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
A look inside one of Audi's hipster parties

Not sure if you guys ended up seeing the Audi party guidelines that were circling the internet a little while ago, but now those parties have been actualized. Here is some info on what it was like to be there.

Quote:
It was in a warehouse in Red Hook. Questlove was spinning records. David Chang's team provided the food while he mingled with the crowd. There were two different photo booths. It wasn't an album debut. It wasn't a gallery opening. It was Audi's attempt at a hipster party for the new A3. And it was fucking awesome.
DJ QUestlove was playing music

Fingers sandwiches were had.

And the Audi A3 was on display.

Check out the guide here --> http://jalopnik.com/leaked-guide-for...lon-1540448632

And the full look inside Audi's hipster party here --> http://joshpetri.kinja.com/i-went-to...798440/+travis

post #2 of 7 Old 05-22-2014, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
I would go just for the bacon donuts cause....where else do I find bacon donuts? and what's an audi?

post #3 of 7 Old 05-22-2014, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

This whole thing I find comical, but if I got an invitation I would definitely go and take some selfies or whatever. How many of the people who showed up to that party do you think will be converted into Q3 owners? Does this car actually appeal to hipsters?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-23-2014, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
This whole thing I find comical, but if I got an invitation I would definitely go and take some selfies or whatever. How many of the people who showed up to that party do you think will be converted into Q3 owners? Does this car actually appeal to hipsters?
Knowing it's aimed towards hipsters, would you also play the part?
I wouldn't doubt that some who aren't hipsters just play the part since they know Audi's intention here.

Tough to say what the conversion rate was but im sure there was at least some and if none right away it's sure to send them into dealerships where their 2nd line of defense (sales people) can do their part.

post #5 of 7 Old 05-26-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

I'm just not that sure that this is the type of marketing that actually turns a profit ultimately. Maybe a few of those hipsters will consider the Q3 when they decide to buy a car, but are these even the type of people who are likely to want to buy a new car anytime soon? I'd be interested to see the numbers of how many people convert.

post #6 of 7 Old 05-26-2014, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
well hipster is not a lifestyle anymore its a trend. So you have many affluent people dressing like hipsters because trend...Careful when throwing blankets
post #7 of 7 Old 06-10-2014, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Any true hipster that lives in New York owns a bike and not a car. They are also all about getting invited to cool parties that are free and feed them. So I'd say the party would be a success.

Things like this you can't even measure the effectiveness of too, so how is Audi supposed to know if it did anything to actually get people to buy the A3?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page