Audi Q3 Forum banner

Refrigerated glove box??

15K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kostas-k 
#1 ·
Did anybody else notice this in their manual? In my '17 premium's glove box there is a little knob at the back which apparently turns my glacier white Q3 into the worlds most inefficient refrigerator. Thousands of pounds of cabinet and supporting machinery for a cold box the size of a sandwich.

I'm curious if anybody actually uses this feature and can explain it to me. I assume it just reroutes air-conditioning flow into the glove box, and doesn't operate when you park at a rest stop, etc?

If it used a peltier cooler and worked during rest stops, I could imagine someone using it to transport temperature-sensitive medications they need during a trip. But the last time I had something like that, it was a live typhus vaccine and I wasn't too upset to just take along a small cooler...

#2 ·
Yes, that is what it is for - only when the AC is pumping. I had same on my Kia Soul. I have never used it.
I did have a Cool Box on my Odyssey that I used a few times - held things a little cool but not cold so I just used it for storage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.