User Tag List

8Likes

post #41 of 45 Old 06-17-2016, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echiu77 View Post
Dealer found the problem on my Q3 wind noise , it was from the driver side mirror they take the mirror housing out and put felt in some place, it work
They did the same thing to mine, but it was because of the whistling noise. I still have wind noise in the wife's Q3 that I don't experience in my A7.

However, I had a 2016 loaner for a few days and I heard the same wind noise that I hear in my 2015....whomp whomp...
post #42 of 45 Old 02-16-2017, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought a new 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige model. The wind noise on the driver's side starts at 40 mph and increases at a higher mph. My salesman said there shouldn't be a wind noise. The dealership tells me it may be the dynamics of the car. I don't know if it is the same on the passenger's side, as I have not ridden there. I do know that it really bugs me.

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-16-2017 at 01:48 PM.
post #43 of 45 Old 05-04-2017, 04:09 PM

Q3 wind noise.

I just bought a 2017 Q3. Love it. The one small problem is the wind noise from the drivers door near the mirror. The folks at Audi service told me that Q3 owners often report this and that it is a design issue, that Audi, given enough owners complaining about it, may create a fix. It tends to happen that way. I was wondering if anyone has come up with any temporary fixes to the problem such as window window air deflectors or the like.

Also, If you have the problem, mention it to your service folks. If enough folks do, perhaps Audi will provide a fix. BTW, on the Q3 Forum, several folks talked about this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 Old 02-02-2018, 09:27 AM

Have same issue on my 2015. Starts at about 30 MPH. Took it to Audi and test drove with Diagnostic shop Foreman. He said, "Yes I can hear that. That is the same noise you will find on all Q3's". I'm disappointed but he said they have never replaced seals for what I am hearing and stated it would not make a change. I must say, I can push on inside of window and it does not make any change in sound so there is no air entering cabin.I have also sucked in the door mirrors and drove the vehicle and the same type of wind noise is present. Perhaps just the dynamics of the vehicle? The wind noise is surprising as the vehicle is solid and rattle free .Hmmmmm, anyone try anything that was successful on their own?
post #45 of 45 Old 05-15-2018, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Totally agreed with you guys. On my previous car at that speed, the cabin will be full of road noise and it's a lot louder than the current minor wind noise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page