User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By S4'ed

post #1 of 3 Old 10-02-2017, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oil change reminder too early...

I got an oil change reminder at 5k miles on my 2017 Q3, which confused me. I called the dealer to arrange the service, and they said the reminder must have been incorrectly set since it isn't due until 10k miles. Does that mean the factory set it incorrectly, or someone at the dealer reset it using the older models' schedule before delivery?

I found the option in the MMI to reset the oil notification, and now it says it will be in another 5.1k miles or 365 days. I wonder if they'll straighten it all out or if I'll be forever dismissing a spurious notification at 5k intervals. :-)

Also, at the current rate, it seems I'll have to add some oil before it gets to the 10k/1 year interval. It's down at least 1/3 quart, assuming the cross-hatched part of the dipstick still represents 1 quart as it did in the old days.. do dealers tend to offer any free top off of oil? Or do you all end up buying your own spare bottles to feed your Q3...?

2017 Q3 premium quattro
post #2 of 3 Old 10-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I think the first oil change is at 5K miles, then 10K after that. If you plan to keep the car beyond 50,000 miles, change the oil and filter at least every 5000 miles.
MattBurditt1 likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-26-2017, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4'ed View Post
I think the first oil change is at 5K miles, then 10K after that. If you plan to keep the car beyond 50,000 miles, change the oil and filter at least every 5000 miles.
I agree with S4'ed, The oil was changed and also to keep the car beyond 50,000 Miles, then change the engine oil & filter at least I think every 4k miles, its best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Applicator reduces your cars fuel consumption.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page