Carista Error Code P2015 - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 7 Old 03-05-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Carista Error Code P2015

Fam Bam,

My engine light just came on out of nowhere, so I used the Carista OBD2 adapter and it gave me a fault code of P2015: Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 under OBD2 sections confirmed, pending and permanent. Under the Engine section it reads: P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal.

Has anyone had this issue before or can anyone tell me what this means?.... It sounds expensive.

I have a 2015 Premium Plus.

TIA
post #2 of 7 Old 03-06-2019, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrsha View Post
Fam Bam,

My engine light just came on out of nowhere, so I used the Carista OBD2 adapter and it gave me a fault code of P2015: Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 under OBD2 sections confirmed, pending and permanent. Under the Engine section it reads: P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal.

Has anyone had this issue before or can anyone tell me what this means?.... It sounds expensive.

I have a 2015 Premium Plus.

TIA
reset it and see if it come back. Can you OBD 12 reset codes?
post #3 of 7 Old 03-06-2019, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yeah I tried that and it came back. Ended up taking it to my Audi service dept and they are going to replace the intake manifold at no charge, even tho my warranty JUST expired. I guess this is a "thing" that happens with this particular engine sometimes.... either way I'm glad about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-24-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrsha View Post
Yeah I tried that and it came back. Ended up taking it to my Audi service dept and they are going to replace the intake manifold at no charge, even tho my warranty JUST expired. I guess this is a "thing" that happens with this particular engine sometimes.... either way I'm glad about it.

Hi! My 2015 Audi Q3 came with the same code. It’s waaaay out of warranty. How many miles past the warranty is yours?
post #5 of 7 Old 08-15-2019, 07:15 PM

Our 2015 Q3 PP just threw the code two days after our 75k service. They're quoting us $980 🤬
post #6 of 7 Old 09-09-2019, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My car just showed same error from past few days. I gave it to service recently and they told me that the diagnostic itself is $220. I already have purchased Carista adapter last year, so I denied and it is code P2015(I used another app "car scanner" as Carista asks for paid membership even for showing the error code).

In my internet search I found this service bulletin, https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...93588-0699.pdf, it mentions that the revised part should be used to fix it.

I have contacted my dealer for estimates, lets see how much they quote.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-23-2019, 10:34 PM

I had the same issue. It comes from the runner flap actuator in the intake manifold. There is a service bulletin to upgrade the manifold itself, as the actuator pops out and gets stuck open, throwing the code. You can go with an aftermarket intake manifold (like HPA), which is ironically cheaper than OEM, or you can spend $60 on a crafty fix for this, on ECSTUNING. Just search 'p2015 audi q3 ecstuning' and you should get a link for the lever action arm fix kit.

I currently have this installed on my '15 Q3 and it works wonders. Clear code after installation and it doesn't come back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in