User Tag List

post #11 of 17 Old 11-25-2015, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTI-Andy View Post
Ok, since you asked I created a garage and put a few pics of my Q up. Not much to see, about the same as everyone else's Q. I'm wishing I had gone with the Rotor style wheels just to be different.

-Andy
Nice! So how are you liking those wheels? Here's an interesting little fact - did you know that Audi charges FIFTY DOLLARS for one single center cap?! Holy crap! I guess I'm glad I couldn't find an authentic Audi cap to fit my wheels - $200 just for center caps is pretty absurd.
post #12 of 17 Old 11-25-2015, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Okay, so...the wheels are on. The center cap has been a complex issue. For now, I've got a self-made Audi version on. I'm thinking it's not going to hold up though. I took the TSW part that came with the wheels and used Gorilla glue to attach the Audi logo piece to it. Since it's a domed piece, I only had the edges of the circle to glue to the center cap.
In anticipation of these not holding up (or the Audi piece flying off while driving), I ordered another set of the TSW center caps and metal stickers with Audi logo. That combo will probably ultimately be a better design that will last.
But for now....here they are (pardon the center pole in my garage - unsightly)!

Tomorrow.....I pick up the newly painted front vents. Then I think all my mods will be complete!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (180.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3325-1.jpg (96.3 KB, 61 views)
post #13 of 17 Old 11-25-2015, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestergirl View Post
Nice! So how are you liking those wheels?
I like the stock wheels (just a tad flashy for me), but would have liked the "rotors" better. Not enough to spend the extra cash though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestergirl View Post
Okay, so...the wheels are on. The center cap has been a complex issue. For now, I've got a self-made Audi version on. I'm thinking it's not going to hold up though. I took the TSW part that came with the wheels and used Gorilla glue to attach the Audi logo piece to it. Since it's a domed piece, I only had the edges of the circle to glue to the center cap.
In anticipation of these not holding up (or the Audi piece flying off while driving), I ordered another set of the TSW center caps and metal stickers with Audi logo. That combo will probably ultimately be a better design that will last.

Glad you got them mounted. They look great! It's amazing how wheels can change the whole look of a car. It is definitely a softer look and not so "hey, look at me" so to speak. I hope the center cap situation works out for you. Those can be a real pain on aftermarket rims.

-Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 11-28-2015, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I hate to use language in general or on a public forum but those wheels look real badazz on your ride.
post #15 of 17 Old 11-28-2015, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Fantastic!!!

2016 Audi Q3 Prestige Cortina White - Hers
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Tusk White - Ours
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI AWD - Mine
post #16 of 17 Old 11-29-2015, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Nice. If the center caps don't stay on, automotive silicone adhesive should do the trick. They will fill the void due to the domed nature of your cap and increase the contact area. Did the same to my ALFA 5 years ago and they haven't budged.
post #17 of 17 Old 10-05-2018, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great information shared....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page