New wheels being mounted tomorrow!! - Audi Q3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 17 Old 11-20-2015, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
New wheels being mounted tomorrow!!

WOOHOO!! My new TSW wheels are here and will be mounted tomorrow! Can't wait to post some pics. Just wish those darn Audi center caps I ordered had gotten here in time. Grrrr.
post #2 of 17 Old 11-21-2015, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
YAY! Make sure to post some pictures!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 Old 11-21-2015, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Also give us some specs (size, offset, tire size, brand etc.)

I was going to go for the Audi "Rotor" wheels but then decided to go with the standard 19". The Pila style Audi wheels look nice too in the accessories catalog. Just so darned expensive though.

Can't wait to see what your's look like.

-Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 11-21-2015, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTI-Andy View Post
Also give us some specs (size, offset, tire size, brand etc.)

I was going to go for the Audi "Rotor" wheels but then decided to go with the standard 19". The Pila style Audi wheels look nice too in the accessories catalog. Just so darned expensive though.

Can't wait to see what your's look like.

-Andy
Hi Andy! The 19s that came with my Prestige are...well, I hate them. I find them to be rather masculine, which I guess is why most of the guys here like them. I just think they ruin the look of the car. Soooo...I went with the TSW Mallory, 19x8, +32 offset, 5x112 bolt pattern. A beautifully made wheel.

Would love to show you pics, but alas, the CUSTOM Audi center caps that I ordered on ebay do not fit. Unreal. I got the exact measurement of the wheel cap, ordered that size, and they don't fit. So now I'm styling kind of a ghetto look - new wheels with no center cap! Ugh. I ordered some of those aluminum "stickers" with the Audi logo - they are basically the exact same thing as the TSW center cap "sticker" so I'm really hoping they do the trick. But until we know for sure if they are a good fit, I have no center cap!

Nothing like ordering from Hong Kong and waiting till you're old & gray for the package to arrive...
post #5 of 17 Old 11-21-2015, 09:32 PM

Garage
Wow, I should have got your wheels. My car had the stock 18's on them but I told the dealer they can get a car from another dealer with 19's or swap them for another car. Cost me about $1000 more to swap them but was still cheaper than a dealer trade since they would not give me the same discount. Maybe I could have made a deal with you if I had known. Oh well, too late now.

I actually like the "Rotor" and "Pila" style Audi wheels better than the stock 19's but they still look better than the 18's. They do ride a little rougher though but I like the handling better.

So basically you are keeping the tires and sensors and just trading the rims out? I'd hang on to the original 19's for resale since people get bent out of shape with after market rims.

Can't wait to see photos. Not a lot of customizing going on with Q3's so your going to be special!

-Andy
post #6 of 17 Old 11-22-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTI-Andy View Post
Wow, I should have got your wheels. My car had the stock 18's on them but I told the dealer they can get a car from another dealer with 19's or swap them for another car. Cost me about $1000 more to swap them but was still cheaper than a dealer trade since they would not give me the same discount. Maybe I could have made a deal with you if I had known. Oh well, too late now.

I actually like the "Rotor" and "Pila" style Audi wheels better than the stock 19's but they still look better than the 18's. They do ride a little rougher though but I like the handling better.

So basically you are keeping the tires and sensors and just trading the rims out? I'd hang on to the original 19's for resale since people get bent out of shape with after market rims.

Can't wait to see photos. Not a lot of customizing going on with Q3's so your going to be special!

-Andy
Haha, thanks Andy!
I'm definitely a wheel girl - the wheel makes all the difference to me. Those factory 19s were annoying me big time. So yes, they are all nicely packed up in the TSW boxes in my garage. Today's project is to pop out the OEM center caps and see if I can tape them to make them fit the TSWs. I've seen videos where people wrap duct tape around the inside of the center cap to make it fit in the larger opening. Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a shot. Then there are the fakes that I bought on ebay that are .5 mm too small. If the OEMs don't work, I'll see if I can mod them to fit. Or...if all else fails, I'll pop the plain caps that came with the TSWs and use Audi stickers (if I can fine them!).
Would love to show you the finished product today...we'll see!
(I also have to go used car shopping with my 18-year-old. Dear God! )

Have you posted a pic of your Q so far? I'd love to see it.
post #7 of 17 Old 11-23-2015, 12:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestergirl View Post
Would love to show you the finished product today...we'll see!
(I also have to go used car shopping with my 18-year-old. Dear God! )

I have not done any pics of the new Q yet. As soon as we get some sunshine here in the mid-west I'll take her out for a photo shoot. Just got my license plate issue fixed so I think it's time.

Hey, did you get the center hub to fit?

-Andy
post #8 of 17 Old 11-23-2015, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
What are you doing with the original wheels? Would u sell one?
post #9 of 17 Old 11-23-2015, 02:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestergirl View Post

Ok, since you asked I created a garage and put a few pics of my Q up. Not much to see, about the same as everyone else's Q. I'm wishing I had gone with the Rotor style wheels just to be different.

-Andy
post #10 of 17 Old 11-25-2015, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRamsFan View Post
What are you doing with the original wheels? Would u sell one?
I have my Audi OEMs boxed up in the garage. Sorry, but need to hold on to them - at least for now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi Q3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page