Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have got some new photos of the 2015 Audi Q3 here. It shows us some new info on the Q3 facelift, which also tells us something about the new design language that Audi will be adopting for its SUVs.

The grille has a more three-dimensional look to it, which is connected to the headlights through a strip of trim. Expect to see those same design features on future Audi SUVs, like the Audi Q7 full-size SUV.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
The front end looks to be similar to that of the new A3 sedan. My prediction is that Audi is facelifting the Q3 front end to look more like the new A3 sedan. So the old-chassis Q3 will look just as new as the more modern A3 sedan, at least to consumers in North America.

·
Registered
914 Posts
all audi's share very similar design cues so it's expected that this would happen especially when it's an A3 and Q3

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the new grille in the spy shots. Not a big change, but the Audi symbol with the black fishnet like backing looks good. Its almost a little Lexus like, just not in the spindle shape.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like the new grille in the spy shots. Not a big change, but the Audi symbol with the black fishnet like backing looks good. Its almost a little Lexus like, just not in the spindle shape.
Well Audi was the one who started the whole corporate face thing pretty much. The spindle is in response to Audi's whateever they call it.

The "new" Q3 is really not that different from what we already have however...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once something becomes a trend nobody owns it anymore. Audi and LExus are working with similar grilles right now. I wouldn't be surprised one of the less established companies also joining the party.

·
Registered
158 Posts
just about every company now has a corporate face. Its quite annoying. Every vehcile down the model line is a miniturized version of the former. Nothing is unique...

·
Registered
13 Posts
The front end looks to be similar to that of the new A3 sedan. My prediction is that Audi is facelifting the Q3 front end to look more like the new A3 sedan. So the old-chassis Q3 will look just as new as the more modern A3 sedan, at least to consumers in North America.
i was thinking the same thing but still slightly different

q3 spyshot

a3 sedan spyshot

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got some more spy shots that show some of the updates for the facelifted Q3 and RS Q3. It has less camouflage on it which allows us to see its new dual exhaust setup, as well as new graphics for the headlights and taillights along with some altered bumpers. Take a look for yourself -- anything else that you notice?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Its the interior updates I'm interested in. Could even be induced to wait for the facelift ;)

The changes include some minor revisions for the exterior, such as new graphics in the lights and different wheel patterns, and it’s likely we’ll see a few tweaks inside. One of those tweaks could be the adoption of a digital instrument cluster similar to that fitted in the 2016 Audi TT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts