Audi Q3 Forum banner

2016 invoice pricing?

20K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  tariqsarkar9 
#1 ·
My 2016 Q3 Prestige Quattro is arriving in 2 weeks. Purchase price is "invoice." Does anyone have a version of the 2016 Order Guide with invoice pricing? My dealer said he is estimating purchase price (6% off MSRP) until the car arrives, but it seems like the actual invoice pricing should be available now.

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
{It IS available and has been for about 3 weeks - if he won't give it to you, PM me your Commission Number or VIN and I'll get it for you ...your car is PRICED NOW !!}

I screwed up and didn't read the note above correctly - I thought his car was already here for a few weeks. While "invoice" pricing info has been available for about a month or so, it falls right at about 6% (give or take roundoff) for everything except transportation and gas guzzler (if applicable). The actual invoice follows Customs Clearance whereby a legal window sticker (called a Monroney for the guy who supported legislation to have it) is then attached to the car. So only after the car has physically arrived and cleared, can the "real" invoice be available. I apologize for jumping the gun so to speak ...

Reactions: R.Brush
#3 ·
Very interesting - I was given a VIN on July 14th but am still waiting for the official pricing from my broker who is waiting to get it from the Audi sales guy. He sent me a sample invoice that is very close to mine in terms of model and options. Nice deal to get at invoice....Are you also able to get mine Roger?

#8 ·
You should have a Commission Number as soon as your order hits Order Intake status - about a week or so after your ABS actually orders the car. If he's just trying to "locate" a car for you, only when he finds it would you get the Comm Number (and VIN at the same time) cuz these located cars are (have been) already ordered for some time and they're just unsold and in the pipeline.

#6 ·
Wow - It appears to be pretty common to get the Q3 for less than MSRP, but if you were able to buy it for less than dealer invoice, then congrats. I don't believe I've seen anyone else do that on this formum (2015 or 2016), but maybe I missed it.

#9 ·
OK you guys are making me feel sad :) I didn't bother with the local dealer because they can sell every car they can get according to the sales person.. the broker has a standard discount off MSRP for a given brand/model and some are more heavily discounted than others. According to Edmonds it appeared that average was around $400 over invoice on the Q3. My wife's Subaru was invoice +$200 using the Costco program. So congrats to you who were able to get the dealer under invoice. Surprising on this car in particular. Perhaps you can share negotiating tips :)

#10 ·
Don't feel sad - most folks pay what it takes to get the car they want - period. That's just how a free market works. You could have joined the Audi Club of America for $50 waited 6 months and as an Audi Club member - get 6% off or invoice... even more with more knowledge and negotiating.

#11 ·
Thanks, Roger, good to know. Should have done a bit more investigating early on. I have been looking for "the right car" for a long time and could have discovered this along the way.....and given that I've postponed this purchase a couple of years a few more months wouldn't have made that much difference. But we are where we are and I need to look forward and hope to love the car once it arrives.

#13 ·
I ordered our 2016 Florett Silver Prestige on June 22nd, and expect to receive it through Houston towards the end of September.....but I've had the VIN and MSRP for awhile now. The MSRP is $42,650.

Of interest, when doing a search of the VIN on Decode This it lists the country of manufacture as Slovakia!

#14 · (Edited)
Q3 VINs begin with WA1, (the 1 is for Audi) the country of Germany, as are ALL WA-W0, all VINs that start with a W are for Germany. Slovakia made cars start with a U5-U6 or U7, can't see how they screwed your VIN up ...

#15 ·
There are Slovakia made cars?

I've seen this discussion before, somewhere. Q3s that are/were manufactured in Spain have the WA1 VINs.

Some have said those "Spanish" cars stop off in Germany, some have said they go directly to the port from Spain.

I don't want to give Decode This any credibility, as I have not checked their reliability or motive for existing, but KBB says, "country of assembly," Germany.

#21 ·
I just looked up my vin on another site and it shows the invoice price is $33,300 plus $925 destination. How much would you pay with the following and 9.50% tax, out the door? Wonder if I'm paying too much. Wasn't able to bargain too much.

Q3 Quattro Prestige
Glacier white metallic
Standard seats
Homelink
Audi Quattro guard protection kit
Lighting cable

#22 ·
I just looked up my vin on another site and it shows the invoice price is $33,300 plus $925 destination. How much would you pay with the following and 9.50% tax, out the door? Wonder if I'm paying too much. Wasn't able to bargain too much.

Q3 Quattro Prestige
Glacier white metallic
Standard seats
Homelink
Audi Quattro guard protection kit
Lighting cable

#23 · (Edited)
your making it harder than it is to negotiate.
negotiation should have some steps made simple. by adding costs here and there it throws you off while adding. many salesman will try to confuse the buyer with adding other things here and there. make it basic and simple to understand.

maybe I should make a separate post on how to make the deal. but then I would be revealing my tricks and it will bite me back one day. >:D
my methods have netted me some fine deals but it did take me years of trial and error before coming up with something that works.
my S3 2015 was ordered, when deals were not to be had, I got under invoice price.
my current order is for the Q3 2016 and I got under invoice price as well.
(thousands under invoice price for each deal).

then again it could be my charm.... but I really don't thats the case. im really an ashole

#24 ·
Thousands under invoice, that is impressive. Even with a great relationship with the salesman, double audi loyalty, and a vw group manufacturers family discount, I payed right about at invoice. I'm genuinely curious how you came out so far under invoice with no deals or incentives.

#26 ·
I am not an employee at all nor am I related in any such manner.

before I this audi, I was buying a bmw 335. I got 10K usd off MSRP brand new ordered car. it isn't impossible.

a long time ago I did what everyone else did. i paid full price or got a few hundred dollars off the msrp price.

#30 ·
Partnering with Bidfax Info through the service offered at bidfax remove vin was an insightful decision. Their expertise in removing a car's history, especially auction-related details, is impressive. This service is ideal for those who've purchased vehicles from auctions and wish to start afresh, ensuring that all previous records, including damages and valuations, are wiped clean. It's a vital tool for maintaining privacy and resetting the story of a vehicle.