Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree that it would have been nice to have the updates, but overall they're relatively minor. More on the order of a typical model year change than a redesign IMO. A new grill and 20 more HP will not be the deciding factors in whether any of us still own our cars in 5 years. Again, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Well I for one, would've appreciated knowing that a mere 6 months wait could've/would've resulted in 20 hp and DSG, both that I've lamented from the get go... this is a severe disappointment for me. Being a true Audi enthusiast to lose this much for being an early loyalist and pioneer to lead the run for others ...

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think that it is less about being unhappy with the 2015 model and more about the principle of it. You buy a new car to have a new car. If Audi makes your car an old model within 6 months of you buying it, it is kinda a slap in the face. Its not like the car is worse, it is just knowing that there is a new version out there.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that it is less about being unhappy with the 2015 model and more about the principle of it. You buy a new car to have a new car. If Audi makes your car an old model within 6 months of you buying it, it is kinda a slap in the face. Its not like the car is worse, it is just knowing that there is a new version out there.
Big slap in the face.

The only way it would make me feel better, if the new redesign doesn't have homelink plus a folding MMI and they raised the price... a lot.

(Even though both items should be addressed soon with my Q3).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Think about it this way. This just makes your Q3 all the more rare. Everybody will be driving around with the facelift version but only you and a few others will have the original.

It's like you've got yourself a 1964 1/2 Mustang!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I do have to agree that there are a number of seemingly obvious omissions, among them the homelink & memory seats as noted in this forum, the lack of floor mats and trailer hitch availability, and so on. I understand the frustration, especially by those among us who special ordered cars and waited so long for them to arrive. And I can certainly relate to anyone who feels that Audi customer service is not winning any awards for greatness. However, I am hopeful that over the long haul my Q3 serves me as well as my 2001 A6 has and continues to do. It's definitely a lot of fun to drive and I think the exhaust growl is just right.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I like our cars better. Although the new LED headlights are great and the rears with sequential section signals (although not sure WE-NAR will get them) are cool too. But what I will miss the most is the 20 extra hp and DSG - dammit.

Homelink will be there as will the fold-down MMI, but not so sure about memory seats ...they're nowhere on the PQ35 or MQB platform.

Reactions: Ohio Joe

·
Registered
603 Posts
Here are a bunch of photos of the facelifted version of the Audi Q3 on the floor of the Detroit Auto Show.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Looks like an S-line car too - too bad they ditched the fog-lights, I kinda like the dual exhausts - a sign of the small ute in the US anyway...

Interestingly shows the MMI UP - I wonder if that color will make it to the NAR - given previous history of colors available here, kinda doubt it though -

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have to say, I really prefer ours to the redesign, at least right now from the photos. Maybe it'll look better in person? There's just a lot of...cladding...on this car, especially where the foglights should be (and, yes, I know they are integrated into the headlights now).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yea I am not so sure about the dark spots where fog lights look like they should be and also on the rear bumper. Its not that I hate it, I just think that they could have come up with something better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure I understand the reaction though, the FL was known about around the middle of the year as I waited from June until November to order the FL rather than the old version, then upon trying to order the FL we (the dealer and I) found out there was no light interior offered (now that's a ****-up!!!), so my dealer found me a pre-built 2014 model with my desired options and a few more coming across from Spain the next week, so I got the "old" model, but the options I wanted that are not available in the FL.

When did you all in the US find out about the FL arriving in March, I cannot imagine it was different from the EU rumours/leaks/announcements.

**** = insert "male chicken"............:laugh:

·
Registered
603 Posts
I knew this was going to happen for quite a while. I still think its a weird move on Audi's part. Whatever though. Not much we can do really. Apparently Audi doesn't care. I just wonder how many people are going to wait so that they can get the newest model.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I admit I to thought it strange and at first I thought "oh US is getting the FL before EU" but no, you got 6 months or so of the old model.....'tis indeed a strange marketing ploy :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts