Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First i want to say Hi as i am new here and a new owner of an 2018 audi q3 s-line with 12k miles. this is my first Audi. hopefully this will be the only bad thread i post, back to the issue i am having.

I will start with the first odd thing that happened earlier in the day, i noticed that i do not have AC at idle it goes warm but while i am driving it gets cold, i simply thought that i just needed a recharge. i park my car sit in it for a few and listen to music before going into work. i work nights so when i get back to my car it is chilly. i get in and start the car and instantly i am greeted with a christmas tree of lights. I have an OBDEleven so i plug that in and scan the car and got 6 faults.

0316 Brake control module
B10B300 restriction of seat occupied
C101B01 abs wheel speed sensor
C114602 tire preasure monitoring display
01680 signal from ABS wheel sensor
U1017 contarol module read out dtc

I erased them after the scan and they have not returned since about 4 or so starts after the initial incident. the car does not seem to have any symptoms, although it does feel slightly shaky at idle but barely not sure if this is normal for this car. i have only had this car a week. none of these codes where there when i got the car. after googling it is suggested that this may be due to a bad battery or possibly alternator going bad so i pulled the voltage. after about a 15 minute ride it showed my voltage at 14.6v idled for about 5 minutes or so and it dropped to 12.4. my idling RPMs are at 700 on the dot.

Looking for opinions and suggestions. the car is still under warranty so if it is a alternator it should be covered, im reading iffy things if the battery is covered some say it is and some say it isnt maybe that is at the dealerships discretion. maybe its a coincidence that the ac is low and acting similarly to how the alternator is acting, basically both dont seem to function correctly at idle? anyways thank you for reading and any info is greatly apreciated besides this little hickup i love the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as the AC is concerned, it sounds like the cooling fan is not coming on when you turn on the AC. I had the dealer replace the fans on my Tiguan. Not cheap, I'm afraid.
Wouldn't I get no ac at all then? Also I still have a few months of factory warranty left, for something like that I'll give to dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wouldn't I get no ac at all then? Also I still have a few months of factory warranty left, for something like that I'll give to dealer.
As soon as the car starts moving and you get air through the radiator/AC condensor, the AC will start working. Also, if the car gets hot and the fans are triggered due to engine heat, the AC will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts