Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car's not that old. Been having problems with the clock going back to 12:00. I reset it and it might be fine for a few hours or even a couple of days and I'll get back in the car and the clock's wrong again. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same as mine refer to TSB 90 20 61 2060249/1 July 17 2020. pSS 90 instrument cluster clock and trip odometer reset ro midnight or zero. A solution not expected until third quarter 2021

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same as mine refer to TSB 90 20 61 2060249/1 July 17 2020. pSS 90 instrument cluster clock and trip odometer reset ro midnight or zero. A solution not expected until third quarter 2021
I have the same issue - how do you know it will be fixed in q32021? Also is there any harm due to this? I could not refer to what you linked. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The TSB states “Explain to the customer that a solution is forthcoming for the 3rd quarter Of 2021 and that no repairs are necessary at this point. “

·
Registered
4 Posts
Car's not that old. Been having problems with the clock going back to 12:00. I reset it and it might be fine for a few hours or even a couple of days and I'll get back in the car and the clock's wrong again. Any thoughts ?
Every time I open the trunk, the clock seems to reset itself along with the trip mileage odometer. It is super annoying never knowing what time it is.
Took it to Audi and was told it is a software glitch and they plan on fixing it the 3rd quarter of 2021. UNACCEPTABLE answer!! FIX it now please.
So much for buying a luxury car !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue - how do you know it will be fixed in q32021? Also is there any harm due to this? I could not refer to what you linked. Thanks.
I was told the same thing. Third quarter of 2021. It's an UNACCEPTABLE answer from a luxury car manufacturer!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
fix is still not available in the USA. My service advisor advises me a software fix should be issued by the end of the month

·
Registered
3 Posts
Every time I open the trunk, the clock seems to reset itself along with the trip mileage odometer. It is super annoying never knowing what time it is.
Took it to Audi and was told it is a software glitch and they plan on fixing it the 3rd quarter of 2021. UNACCEPTABLE answer!! FIX it now please.
So much for buying a luxury car !!
Most absurd car manufacturer response I have heard in decades! Not only this issue, but how about allowing owners to determine when the car turns off instead of Auto Stop/Start leaving you helpless if rear-ended (steering and brakes don’t function when the car is off.). $40k for a glorified 1972 Ford Pinto - there are other options Audi!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most absurd car manufacturer response I have heard in decades! Not only this issue, but how about allowing owners to determine when the car turns off instead of Auto Stop/Start leaving you helpless if rear-ended (steering and brakes don’t function when the car is off.). $40k for a glorified 1972 Ford Pinto - there are other options Audi!!!
[/QUOTE

Tell your service advisor to look at TSB 90 21 97 2062368/1 March 26 2021. There IS a software fix available NOW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for reaching out. Actually, Audi reached out to me after I sent them a request for information regarding this problem. They were genuinely concerned about where this information was coming from regarding 3rd qtr 2021 fixes. She stated that they were well aware of this issue and were addressing it when people came in for oil changes and other issues as it was not a safety issue. She also was nice enough to let me know there is an update that needs to occur to one of the control modules. Audi handled this professionally and I cannot beef any more regarding their dealing with it. So far, my only real issue is with the Auto Start/Stop not defaulting to OFF (rather than the EPA pleasing ON default setting). She said she would speak with the engineers regarding a potential change (if not mandated by the EPA mileage thresholds) and that they would consider my idea of a double tap to default the system to off, or possibly adding a menu item to turn it off under the car's settings. It's a whole other issue but, I did mention that this was a safety concern as it almost left me stranded in an intersection while someone veered into my lane. Fun times with electronics.

Happy driving and thanks for the response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this upgrade available in Canada? I'm also having these issues and have had nothing resolved nor any communciation with my dealership.
it was not available in May 2021 when I went for my oil change - will ask during my next one in August

These TSB are only for the US but the latest update (Jan 2021) now seems to mention a software update in the end of Q1 2021

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems to Me it happens when the trunk gets opened and closed manually. Due to the fact that it is taking SO LONG to fix this issue, it will be the last Audi I ever own !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
it was not available in May 2021 when I went for my oil change - will ask during my next one in August

These TSB are only for the US but the latest update (Jan 2021) now seems to mention a software update in the end of Q1 2021

Seems to Me it happens when the trunk gets opened and closed manually. Due to the fact that it is taking SO LONG to fix this issue, it will be the last Audi I ever own !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts