Audi Q3 Forum banner

2020 Q3

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Rolf 
#1 ·
Had it a couple months now. First thing we did is change badges on back to black. The car is red, so it looks nice that way.

The next project I'd like to do is fix the stop-start button so it remembers the last setting. I see some solutions on ebay, but they list it working for the prior generation. Anyone tried that on a 2019 or 2020?

Also plan to get a dashcam. I have a Viofo front/rear systems in a different car and plan to get another. It works well.

The car is quite an eye catcher. We have noticed several people just looking at it...

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, indeed that is it. I found a video of a guy fixing it on a prior gen - you can buy these small chips from ebay. I looked at a variety of the chips, but I have not found one that says it will work on the new generation. I am 90% sure the same solution will work, because even though the car design has changed, I doubt the electronics that run that button would be different.

But, I just decided I would wait a bit and see if I could verify someone got it working on a 2020 model.

#5 ·
That sounds great it*s annoying that it stops and starts several times in a dens traffic situation if you haven't pushed the button.
Next thing I don't like is the free rolling function so you don't get any deceleration from releasing the throttle and it seems to be random.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.