Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my Nav system did not have me on the map! That is, it was way off - no where near close to where I was actually driving. I don't mean kinda off, I mean many many miles away. The road is not new so it can't be that. The system has me located in another town! Is there a reset that I can do to tell the Nav "no, I am actually here!"?

Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Today my Nav system did not have me on the map! That is, it was way off - no where near close to where I was actually driving. I don't mean kinda off, I mean many many miles away. The road is not new so it can't be that. The system has me located in another town! Is there a reset that I can do to tell the Nav "no, I am actually here!"?

Thanks, John
Er, uh, oops - this has been a software issue for a few cars more than we'd like to see or hear about. There is no reset- just shutting off the car - inside a garage helps as it recalibrates satellites - and may fix it. But keep a close eye on this. It's been documented before - across all lines ...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thank you Roger. I will check it in the morning. It was in the garage all day today so hopefully it will reset. I actually needed the Nav yesterday as I was driving to an unfamiliar location 100 miles away!:crying:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: The Nav system started out this morning in the wrong county but after about 5 mins, found my current and correct location so all is now better.

I hope it stays that way. I have never experienced that in 10 years of vehicles with Nav.

·
Registered
302 Posts
GPS, although simple to the user, is actually quite complicated with regard to all the "magic" that normally happens and the anomalies that can happen.

I've encountered similar problems to yours in aircraft, but not in cars. The problem usually remedies itself after exposure to strong signals from at least four GPS satellites....but if the problem arises again and again, see your Audi dealer. :confused:

·
Registered
914 Posts
That is indeed weird, you'd think that now with how these systems have developed that the simple fact of it knowing where you are wouldn't be as problematic as it is.

It might even help to drive around for a bit as it might recognize things and readjust itself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Update: The Nav system started out this morning in the wrong county but after about 5 mins, found my current and correct location so all is now better.

I hope it stays that way. I have never experienced that in 10 years of vehicles with Nav.

Got in the Q3 this afternoon and was met by a screen saying the nav was "updating." Took roughly 2 minutes and it had me in the right place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts