Audi Q3 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It is not injections as I know what that sound like in my 335I. Injections or loud and constant. This is off and one at speed.

When I'm driving, you can hear a click then something happens which sounds like a bunch of clicks. Then one more click sound which turns it off.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did anyone notice though the brake sticks for a split second even if you're not on a hill? I've been on a flat surface and I've noticed it.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Did anyone notice though the brake sticks for a split second even if you're not on a hill? I've been on a flat surface and I've noticed it.
I've NOT noticed the brakes sticking as much as the torque convertor is much less hydraulically locked to move (I think for fuel savings) as other automatics that move immediately upon release of the brakes. My Q3 needs a bit of throttle to move off, not just release of the brake.

This reminds me of BMW's SMG vs Audi's DSG, where the clutch is engaged upon throttle rather than release of the brake ... a slight but noticeable difference in moving off.

I think the hill-hold needs to be ON for it to engage, a driver pro-action not automagically btw...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Btw, what I referred to above as hill-hold is really descent assist and needs to be manually selected - as in pushing the button to work. It keeps a relatively constant mode of deceleration between throttle and brakes while going DOWNHILL. It does NOT hold on going uphill, so don't think it will - the hydraulic lock settings might help, but there will be a limit to this unlike the brakes being engaged.

Another Audi feature called Auto-hold which keeps the brakes applied (even on a flat surface) until enough throttle is applied is also an option - but NOT on the Q3. It has an "A" on the back side of the e-brake switch (see http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-discussion-129/hill-hold-vs-auto-hold-2853996/#post24490620). I still think what y'all are observing is the Tiptronic's latest hydraulic pressure lock settings - for me - much more preferable than the usual auto creep...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anne/Roger-

I am not sure of the proper technical semantics, but I have also noticed this "sticking" sensation from time to time. The CLK (and others, I'm sure) shut down at red lights.
Guess it's all part of this current generation of automobiles and their respective manufacturer's interpretation of meeting DOT, EPA and whatever else agency's requirements.

Ya'all know I'm from the era of points but I think we will logic our way around this stuff and be as the late George Carlin said old ---K's than old ---T's.

BTW, today the Q broke 1000 miles and I threw it into Sport and Dynamic. Fine did it handle on our windy country roads. It was also a kick to put the top down on the Mini and clutch through the countryside later in the day!

Cheers!

·
Registered
300 Posts
In the Canada manual "hill hold" is in the index and is described on page 72. No mention of having to be inclined is made so that explains why you feel it on flat surfaces. It is activated by pressing the brake for several seconds while stopped. No mention of release by the gas pedal so I must assume it is simply based on a short period of time after releasing the brakes.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Despite what the manual says I only feel "hill hold" on uphill inclines. It does not take much of an incline but there is no hold on flat or downhill stops.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm a new owner of 2015 Q3 Quattro and I observed that there's always a delay in throttle response and I feel like a grandpa already driving this thing. Is there anything close to a Pedal Commander like what I have from my Dodge Charger? Try to check this review on DodgeGo. It's from my other car, for me it's the best tuner for dodge charger. I bought the Q3 to use as a daily, and if there's anything close to the pedal commander I would not be thinking of selling the Q3. Thanks for your inputs.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts