Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to activate the headlight assistant. The manual states identical instructions for turning on brights and activating the headlight assistant. The only thing I seem to be able to do is turn on the brights. How do you turn on little LEDs?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Do you mean the front fog lights?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was trying to activate the headlight assistant.
Just guessing here, but I doubt your Q3 is equipped with headlight assistant.....I don't recall it being offered on US Q3s.

I believe headlight assist or headlight assistant automatically controls the high beams depending upon oncoming traffic...it has nothing to do with the "little LEDs".....those are for the all-weather (fog) lights and static cornering lights.
Pages 39-41 in your Q3 manual......>:D

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I think DampDuffer got it right ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just guessing here, but I doubt your Q3 is equipped with headlight assistant.....I don't recall it being offered on US Q3s.

I believe headlight assist or headlight assistant automatically controls the high beams depending upon oncoming traffic...it has nothing to do with the "little LEDs".....those are for the all-weather (fog) lights and static cornering lights.
Pages 39-41 in your Q3 manual......>:D
Headlight Assistant is referenced in the manual but I couldn't get it to work. I guess if it's not there that would explain it.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
NOT available for the US/NAR - there should be an asterisk (I'm not looking at it) that refers to this as "Optional Equipment" ...

·
Registered
400 Posts
NOT available for the US/NAR - there should be an asterisk (I'm not looking at it) that refers to this as "Optional Equipment" ...

I do like how my lights move up/down/center when I start the car in the dark garage! It looks cool!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
No asterisk on this one, instead it reads: Applies to vehicles: with headlight assistant. >:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you did have the option it is a matter of flicking the light stark towards you and a symbol will appear on you MFD. The option is hopeless in urban areas but works well on a country road with little additional light interference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts