Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to the forum, wanted to ask you guys over vwvortex since there's a lot of good information here.

I recently got a 2016 prem plus and noticed the blank under the parking brake. Searching online, I found a couple links but in different languages outside of my native tongue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deUGG32RRWI
http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-discussion-129/hill-hold-vs-auto-hold-2853996/ (q5)

http://forums.audipassion.com/topic/153284-tuto-montage-hold-assist/ (French)

From what I have gathered, I will need part number 8U0-927-225-C and a vag-com.

2 questions:
- Does anyone know where I can buy this part outside of the dealership?
- Could anyone with a vag-com verify the following? [53 - Parking Brake] -> [Codage - 07] - Is the displayed code 0025166?

The instructions call for adding one digit to make the code 0025167.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
+1 I need to know too.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ok, whats autohold?
I assume it is the same as "hill hold" we got on the Canadian cars at least that senses being stopped on a hill.... it sets the brakes with your foot on the brake then releases after a couple of seconds or when you press the throttle. Keeps you from rolling back. Maybe the "A" switch lets you manually make the same setting without being on an incline.

Audi says (http://www.audi.com/aola/brand/en_lc/tools/advice/glossary/audi_hold_assist.browser.carline_s8.html)...
Easily held: Audi hold assist keeps the car stationary once it has stopped and automatically prevents it from rolling on uphill and downhill gradients. There is no need to use the handbrake, making hill starts even easier.

During stops on uphill and downhill gradients, Audi hold assist holds the car stationary for as long as you like. It is activated by pressing a button and allows the driver to set the car in motion smoothly without having to use the handbrake at all. If the vehicle remains stationary for a long period with Audi hold assist active, the system automatically switches over to the electromechanical parking brake. There is no need to operate the handbrake to pull away.

Audi hold assist is part of the ABS-ESP control system. After you release the brake pedal, the hydraulic pressure is maintained, meaning the hydraulic system keeps the brake pads pressed against the brake discs at the front and rear. During this process, the electromechanical parking brake is not in operation. The advantages: a quicker reaction time, less noise and less braking effect at all four wheels, and enhanced comfort. Audi hold assist is only available in conjunction with the electromechanical parking brake.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I think this option was BEFORE we had it coded into the ABS module since 2012 ...and on all NAR cars - not needed in the NAR (and presumably the RoW too) now -

Reactions: Ourob0r0s11

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've driven a few cars with it, it's nice even sitting on a flat surface and not having to hold the brake pedal at a light. What's slick is that they've made it idiot proof. If you open the door with autohold engaged and the car in gear, it will automatically engage the parking brake.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I've driven a few cars with it, it's nice even sitting on a flat surface and not having to hold the brake pedal at a light. What's slick is that they've made it idiot proof. If you open the door with autohold engaged and the car in gear, it will automatically engage the parking brake.
I think that last part is the only part we lack with the version we have now. It will hold on a flat surface too - instead of giving the usual creep ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Huh, I was wondering why the brakes sounded like they were sticking when leaving a light

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Yup - you already have it, 'cept for that last part ...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Actually if you just hold the brake for about 3 sec, then release, the car will not creep - before you hit the gas -

·
Registered
300 Posts
Roger, here is another subtle difference with the 2015 Canadian car... The hold is only made on an incline, however slight. In reverse it even holds if you go from a stop backing up an incline. But on the flat nothing I do with the brakes sets the hold.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Roger, here is another subtle difference with the 2015 Canadian car... The hold is only made on an incline, however slight. In reverse it even holds if you go from a stop backing up an incline. But on the flat nothing I do with the brakes sets the hold.

Hmmmm - me thinks I want to look at a scan ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sound similar to a line lock for drag racing or epic burnouts...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts