1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allow Rain Sensor to Close Sunroof & Windows :

[09 - Cent. Elec.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> [Byte 4]

[Bit 5 - Comfort Operation Windows/Sunroof via Rain Sensor (0=nonrecurring/1=permanent)]
=> Check Box

[Bit 6 - Comfort Operation Windows/Sunroof via Rain Sensor (Rain Closing) active]
=> Check Box
Esc or Exit
Transfer Coding
Do It!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this seems like a cool mod.
will this work on other audi cars too?
Usually yes, but in some platforms the coding is in a different controller and sometimes bytes too - but the functionality is likely there - as long as there IS a rain sensor ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Has anyone actually tested this mod? I tried it by spraying some water on the rain sensor and the wipers come on but, the windows and sunroof don't close. I did a couple of other mods that seem to work fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have tried this mod, and had the same results as you. I even drove in a drizzle with windows open to see if it would automatically bring the windows up based on speed, but no, just the wipers came on.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried this mod, and had the same results as you. I even drove in a drizzle with windows open to see if it would automatically bring the windows up based on speed, but no, just the wipers came on.
Comfort Operation functions when the car is off - not running. I'll verify this works, cuz I thought it already had at least once on my Q3 when it began to rain while I was in a grocery store ...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is coded as I noted and also does NOT work. My comfort close of all windows/sunroof DOES work - when I lock and hold either the door handle sensor or the remote button fro about 5 seconds - but the rain test didn't..

I'll have to poke around some more on this - I DO know it worked on my S5, so the system can work - just need to see if there's other coding that also needs to be set -

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine is coded as I noted and also does NOT work. My comfort close of all windows/sunroof DOES work - when I lock and hold either the door handle sensor or the remote button fro about 5 seconds - but the rain test didn't..

I'll have to poke around some more on this - I DO know it worked on my S5, so the system can work - just need to see if there's other coding that also needs to be set -
Thanks for checking Roger!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, Roger. I will check as well.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Has anyone actually tested this mod? I tried it by spraying some water on the rain sensor and the wipers come on but, the windows and sunroof don't close. I did a couple of other mods that seem to work fine.

So the wipers are rain sensing? What setting do I need the lever to achieve this? I have read the manual but don't see the exact setting for 'rain sensing'.

Thanks, John

·
Registered
302 Posts
So the wipers are rain sensing? What setting do I need the lever to achieve this? I have read the manual but don't see the exact setting for 'rain sensing'.

Thanks, John
Well, I don't have my Q3 yet, but it would appear you place the wiper control vertically between low and off, where the progressive dots are.....and then you adjust the sensitivity/speed of the automatic setting with the thumb wheel.

But I don't have a manual....yet. >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well, I don't have my Q3 yet, but it would appear you place the wiper control vertically between low and off, where the progressive dots are.....and then you adjust the sensitivity/speed of the automatic setting with the thumb wheel.

Thank you. My wiper handle is different looking. I will keep reading the manual!
Unless anyone else knows for sure.. :redface:

·
Registered
400 Posts

Just thought about this - why would I adjust the speed of the wipers? Isn't the sensor doing that for you? That is how is worked on our Lexus - as soon as it rained the wipers came on and the wiper speed was dictated by how hard it was raining. Of course, I might be totally confused...>:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just thought about this - why would I adjust the speed of the wipers? Isn't the sensor doing that for you? That is how is worked on our Lexus - as soon as it rained the wipers came on and the wiper speed was dictated by how hard it was raining. Of course, I might be totally confused...>:D
It is the intermittent setting position that it needs to be in for the wipers to come on by the rain sensor. The speed will adjust automatically based on the intensity of the rain. If the rain is light the speed that you have it set to will likely be how fast the wipers work.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thank you for the explanation. I am following exactly but I am going to play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts