Audi Q3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
OK, new question.

Auto lights worked exactly as expected on the A4. On the Q3 they come on when it is still bright daylight! These are not the running lights, but full headlights. AND, there is no dash icon telling me they are on or off. Is that possible?

~Bob
That does not make sense to me. In broad daylight? Mine will come on in the garage but as soon as I get outside they turn off - except the LEDs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks John. This may be the first fixable bug so far. It was about 4 or 4:30 yesterday. Today, I went to the airport. You go from outside to under the level above and back to outside. Was not very responsive shutting off as light appeared.

Am I missing an indicator that lights are on somewhere? Have to check the manual (out in the car) I assume there is a brights indicator but have not tired that yet.

~Bob

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks John. This may be the first fixable bug so far. It was about 4 or 4:30 yesterday. Today, I went to the airport. You go from outside to under the level above and back to outside. Was not very responsive shutting off as light appeared.

Am I missing an indicator that lights are on somewhere? Have to check the manual (out in the car) I assume there is a brights indicator but have not tired that yet.

~Bob
Yes - there are both - lights indicator in green and brights indicator in blue.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I will have to go look tonight. Did not see a green indicator.

Another quick one: Any way to set Presets as the default when the car and radio come on? Its where I want to be, but I have to reselect each time the car starts.

Thx.

~Bob

·
Registered
400 Posts
I will have to go look tonight. Did not see a green indicator.

Another quick one: Any way to set Presets as the default when the car and radio come on? Its where I want to be, but I have to reselect each time the car starts.

Thx.

~Bob
I have not figured this one out. It vexes me every time. It will stay on presets on the Nav screen but not on the dash screen which is the one I want it to stay on!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Exactly. I would think this is the most used "band".

As to headlights, found the blue for brights exactly where I would expect to find it. But by "green", do you mean on the dashboard or the switch? If the switch, that is a very funny place for the headlight indicator.

~Bob

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Yup - it's on the switch - as far as I know this is been true since 2006 ... My B7 A4 had it that way, so too my TT, S5, Q3 and R8 ...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Of course, Roger :) My last was a 2005 with it on the dash :)

OK, some updates and new important question:

I have isolated my sound system problems to the Sirius tuner. FM is good, CD is very good, Sirius unacceptable audio quality and has never been that way for me before. Anyone else find that? I may have to go in for this one right away.

Next, all cars drip water with the A/C on, but this one drips a lot. maybe 4 5 times what I might expect. Maybe 3. But you get the point. AND, it stains the asphalt. Every time. As if it is more than water.

Coolant is dead between high and low points. Not oil. What else could be going on here?

Coming home is only on for maybe 4 or 5 seconds. I do have to complain to the dealer for that. Not even the 10 that someone mentioned above.

And just a comment - do you know that Mercedes and BMW owners get 50% more loyalty than Audi owners on a new purchase? Really offended me to find this out.

Still 2 or 3 more questions to post when I get around to it.

~Bob

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Quick one. Can anyone confirm that 2016's come with 4 years of Sirius Traffic? Pots I have seen have not been updated in a few years and I find n documentation.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
No - don't think so - you get your 6 months of Sirius everything - after that you're on your own ...
Of course they'll hound you every 2 weeks to sign up - hold out, every 2 weeks the deal gets sweeter until you can get another 6 months for like $10/mo - which is usually their B&F...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I stand corrected then - and think it STILL in effect ...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That would be a good thing. I'll try to find more. Thanks Roger.

Any comments on the air conditioning "water" would be appreciated. I'm working on the Sirius Tuner issue. My iPhone streaming Sirius is better through my home hi-fi than the Q3. And the A4 Sirius tuner was superb. I am hoping mine is defective. Maybe I can get them to install the folding MMI at the same time they repair this :)

~Bob

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Got the answer on Traffic.

4 years with PRESTIGE. Not even mentioned on Premium Plus even if you add the Technology Package.

Nutha one answered.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Regarding Sirius Radio....just took a 500+ mile trip and found that using seek or scan with the FM radio worked just fine and we have no need for Sirius, seriously!

I welcome four years of traffic info, but for the most part, what am I going to do about most traffic situations anyway....?

On a side note, I was very impressed with the clarity of the Bose system while listening to music, but it was especially good when listening to all the talk, news, and discussions on NPR. On other cars we've owned I could rarely hear what they were saying with any regularity.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
OK, moving to MMI questions :)

I assume, and will try later, with no Audi Connect, you still have NAV, but with built in maps, yes? If so, can these maps be updated?

Going to try this later today as everything Audi Connect does, my iPhone does better and faster and I can access Siri through Voice Control. So not seeing a reason for another monthly expense unless I am missing something. Still finishing that last MMI manual.

~Bob

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
OK, moving to MMI questions :)

I assume, and will try later, with no Audi Connect, you still have NAV, but with built in maps, yes? If so, can these maps be updated?

Going to try this later today as everything Audi Connect does, my iPhone does better and faster and I can access Siri through Voice Control. So not seeing a reason for another monthly expense unless I am missing something. Still finishing that last MMI manual.

~Bob
Maps can be updated within your Audi Connect services (betcha Siri can't do that) and your car - at the moment there aren't any to be had. Expect them perhaps once a year - none were released for 2015.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks. Are they free?

Siri cannot, yes. But I have Navigon one time purchase and it is an excellent NAV on my iphone.

ALMOST done with questions. A few things I am not happy with like length of Coming Home and how easily lights go on on auto. But biggest is the lack of quality with Sirius.

More as it all comes together.

~Bob

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Map updates will be free - once or twice I think - not sure though , they usually cost ~$150, but some dealers don't charge for them. Coming Home timing can be adjusted in VAS or VCDS and I think the Auto Lights can be too in MMI - I'll look for it -

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Cool. Thanks Roger.

Just finished reading the last manual. A few things to try. Small list for the dealer next Friday such as adjusting the lights, checking to see if the Sirius radio is defective or that is how it is (I hope not). I also need to learn Parking Assist a bit better, but that is me an d experience I think.

~Bob

21 - 40 of 71 Posts