Audi Q3 Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
A few updates. Been in the dealer service waiting room 4 hours now :)

Decided to reset my gas mileage as I entered the freeway today. Mileage was over 30. Just fine. So it is only when around town that it is low and bringing my average way down. Will wait until 5,000 check to even bring it up.

Now, dealer says there is no code to extend the time for the Coming Home lights. I am surprised. Would so much prefer longer.

I had checked my oil cold, then after running and waiting a few minutes. I was above the M in MAX. Of course, I pull into the dealer and it is perfect. I do not believe I was on such unlevel ground to cause that high a reading. I am baffled. It seems ok here.

Last, the radio. No error codes and tech says it is fine,. but the foreman, who is German and has seen issues like this has been working on it for two hours. He thinks it is the antenna and intermittent. We shall see.

Glad I brought my laptop as it has been a productive morning while I wait.

~Bob

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
OK, I know this is going to sound nuts, but TWICE today I went out to check the mail and the hatch was wide open on the Q3. The car is always locked, light blinking.

the key is in my pocket at the back of the house maybe 30 feet away. And it takes a long press on the key to open the hatch so I do not see how that could be possible.

I am baffled. And concerned.

~Bob

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK, I know this is going to sound nuts, but TWICE today I went out to check the mail and the hatch was wide open on the Q3. The car is always locked, light blinking.

the key is in my pocket at the back of the house maybe 30 feet away. And it takes a long press on the key to open the hatch so I do not see how that could be possible.

I am baffled. And concerned.

~Bob
I wouldn't be that concerned. I'm sure that you aren't the only person who checks for their mail more than once a day.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Are you dancing kinda weirdly as you pass the car, so as to mash your trunk button when you get close enough?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is ANY difference between the two key fobs? They have no memory for any radio, seat, mmi settings - correct?

~Bob

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I think they're the same ...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thanks. Trying to see if both can cause the "Is the key in the vehicle" message. Now thinking it is proximity to my cell phone, but not consistent.

~Bob

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Yup they can - and I believe if you try to lock the 2nd one in the car with the 1st one, it will NOT allow it...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks. Trying to see if both can cause the "Is the key in the vehicle" message. Now thinking it is proximity to my cell phone, but not consistent.

~Bob
I have had the same issue a few times when the key is sharing a pocket with my cell. Gotta stop doing that I guess.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
OK, got it last night and cell nowhere near the key. Key is near the seatbelt latch if that could be the cause. I so doubt battery. Would expect it to be more consistent. So today is the other fob to see.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Found the source of the "Is the key in the vehicle" problem. Will post in the gremlins topic..

61 - 71 of 71 Posts