Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm interested to see what sort of performance these tunes add to the Q3's. I used to have a 2011 VW GTI (same engine as the Q3) and everyone on the forums ranted and raved about the APR stage 1 tune and how it really "woke up" the car. I never got around to installing it (went for suspension upgrades instead lol), but I know countless people who swear by these tunes.

TL;DR - The tunes are great for these engines, we're probably going to wind up going with APR at some point as I like their products a bit more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
man... sounds like I need to take a trip down south next year! Let us know how you like the stage 1 tune in the Q! I see they're also listing the K04 upgrade on their site for the Q3's... can't wait to see who's gonna end up doing that one first :D

Hey I know there was another reason why I went on this terrific weekend - 4 days in the north Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee mountains. In addition to 3 days of great drives (go here http://quattrodemayo.com/ to see what you missed for $50) and here's me (re: the Q3 is the bride's - plus the weather was DEFINITELY top-down) behind the blue S3 with an S4 at my 6 :

I actually WON a door prize for an APR Stage I tune of a CCTA engine - whoeee, wham, as easy $600 - and there was more, SO MUCH more - y'all gotta plan for next year - really....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm glad to see the response this thread is getting already, it helps to know interest in performance is growing as much as it is here :D
I'll be on the look out for more tunes.

Based on my experience with my GTI, the major tune companies are gonna be APR, Revo, and GIAC. then you'll see other tunes/chips from Neuspeed and companies like that, but from what I've read you really wanna stick to either APR or Revo when it comes to reliability. And personally I'd stick with APR 100%. If VW/Audi is willing to go to them to develop parts for their show cars (SEMA, Worthersee, SoWo, etc) and even go as far as giving them advance access to models before the general public to begin developing parts & accessories, then I can definitely trust them with my own car haha. APR is sort of the pioneer in the ECU tuning world for VW/Audi. They definitely know their stuff.

Also, APR has seasonal sales where you can get the tunes with all of the add-ons (valet mode, 91, 93, 100 octane modes, security lockout) for the same price as the tune alone ($599)!

·
Registered
35 Posts
From what I heard Unitronic is pretty reliable too.

I used to have a VW dealership in the bay area that did the tune, but they are no longer involved from what I heard.

Ahhhh, you are right. I knew I was missing one company but couldn't think of it at the time. Thanks for adding that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.