Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 2014 was the second-best month ever for Audi as it sold 16,601 vehicles in the US. It also marked the car maker's 41st month of record US sales in a row.

Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Audi of America, said that Audi's success in the US was due to the demand for the A3 sedan.

He also noted that Audi's most exclusive models still account for one-third of overall demand. Sales of A6, A7, A8 and Q7 models represented around 46 percent of the overall Audi sales growth to account for 33.4 percent of Audi's US sales.

Plenty more info on Audi's sales here --> http://www.4wheelsnews.com/audi-reported-record-may-2014-sales-of-16601-vehicles/

·
Registered
914 Posts
Im actually quite surprised that they sell that many A8's and A7's, good for audi. I thought it would account for less of their overall sales.

·
Registered
158 Posts
well good for them! I always wonder however what happens once brands like Audi, Merceds and BMW become as ubiquitous as Toyotas and Chevrolets. I worry that we wont have to wait long to find out...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you think is going to happen when the luxury brands begin selling as well as the mainstream brands. I think what that mostly points to is income inequality. The rise of luxury cars would have to coincide with the fall of mainstream cars and the rise of budget cars. And that is actually happening right now anyway, so things are already in motion.

·
Registered
914 Posts
If this is how things are now, imahine where they will be in the future which makes me wonder where do they stop?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So maybe in the future everyone will drive a Tata or a McLaren. That would be a pretty funny looking road.

I'm surprised that Audi doesn't sell more of its lower end models. I would think that those would move the most even if they don't make the biggest margins.

·
Registered
914 Posts
So maybe in the future everyone will drive a Tata or a McLaren. That would be a pretty funny looking road.

I'm surprised that Audi doesn't sell more of its lower end models. I would think that those would move the most even if they don't make the biggest margins.
I don't know about Mclaren, they're not the type of brand to go that low

·
Registered
13 Posts
its funny to come across this article and what you guys are saying about the higher models selling more than the lower ones. i have been seeing a ton of audi a7s on the road more than any other models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts