Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, there! As first-time Audi buyer, and owner of new 2018 Q3 2.0 Quattro Tiptronic Sports model, am happy to discover this forum.
An hoping to obtain some helpful info on Audi Care. Local dealer is pitching $799 package for 4 services up to 57,000 miles or 66 months. Am in year 2 of four warranty years. According to the maintenance manual, during that four years, you need to have a) free first year service; b) 20,000 mile service menu at years 2 and 4; c) spark plug change at year 3 or 30,000 miles.
After two years, have logged just 8,200 miles!
At $350 each for two 20,000 mile-menu services, it doesn’t really make sense to purchase this Audi Care package if the servuce contract will expire one year after the warranty.
Any suggestions or thoughts will be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Issy from Nevada

·
Super Moderator
148 Posts
I bought AudiCare for my last few Audi leases and I’ve come to the realization that for me, being a leaser versus a buyer, I don’t think it was worth it since I give that car back to Audi after 3 years

Reactions: Issy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought AudiCare for my last few Audi leases and I’ve come to the realization that for me, being a leaser versus a buyer, I don’t think it was worth it since I give that car back to Audi after 3 years
I ended up purchasing the $799 package, since even though chances of major problems unlikely with such a new and barely driven vehicle, I decided the hassle of protecting the 4-year warranty just wasn’t worth searching out a qualified outside mechanic, & buying and documenting parts and service for the next two years. I slso didn’t want my sons (both self-taught car gurus) to have to mess with oil changes and other routine items, even though they would have been ok with doing that for me. After the warranty expires, we’ll be on our own. It was disappointing to see how much conflicting and often misleading information there is out there about Audi Care. I may end up writing to Corporate HQ to get some lingering questions answered. Thank you for your reply!!🚗

1 - 3 of 3 Posts