Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are two Audi Q3 commercials that have just hit the internet. The commercials are called "Scripted Life". The idea being that crossovers have all followed the same script for years, but the Audi Q3 is doing something completely new. The commercials first ran during the Emmys last night, which Audi sponsored.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Thanks for posting links - nice work

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thank ya.

I wonder what demographic they are going for. Can you guess given the commercials and the fact that they were playing during the Emmys?

Seems like they are going for young professionals, which I think sounds just about right.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I would agree - this car is considered somewhat entry-level, and young, urban professionals that will grow into higher levels over ownership is the brand-loyalty building that they seek.

I say urban only for the context that the Q3 is trying to forge the cross-over positioning within the city too, and not just out of it... It's size and "agile" label deliver that mark.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well thank ya.

I wonder what demographic they are going for. Can you guess given the commercials and the fact that they were playing during the Emmys?

Seems like they are going for young professionals, which I think sounds just about right.
young professionals are a great target, i know for a fact that real estate agents want to be seen in something that makes them "presentable" to clients, such as a nice car. This being a much more attainable Audi will help that.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think that for some jobs it actually matters what car you drive as far as how you are perceived by colleagues and clients? If that is the case then I can see a lot of people being happy with this down market push by luxury brands.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Yeah BUT. As everybody tries to move downmarket, it often dilutes the brand, (witness SWATCH-Mercedes, and even their A-Class) and care must be taken to avoid the impression to own/drive the 'cheap' models. In Germany, the 1er caused so much concern at BMW because of this, they took considerable time and care to fix it in the home market at least 2 years before most folks here even heard of a 1-series, let alone saw one. And when have you last seen a Mercedes A class here?

Audi has observed and learned - their new A3 efforts have only supported the higher lines while providing the right entry price point - doing exactly as they want. I see no reason the Q3 campaign won't succeed the same way for the same reasons. The Q3 shares a platform design with the Tiguan, but it's in CAD and NOT aluminum and steel...

Remember the Germans are VERY sensitive to impression - more than 70% choose the ohne modellschriftzug (without model label) option to keep folks guessing. And they usually buy the biggest/most expensive base car stripped, rather than heavily option a lower model line car, cuz the 20/20 (20 m, 20 kph) view can't reveal too much detail.

A savvy buyer who thinks they need image for whatever reasons should have some confidence in the new Q. Audi does, and so should we.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts