Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Audi Q3 has been nominated for the North American Truck/Utility of the Year award. There are 10 vehicles that made the short list. Only 3 are actually trucks, the rest are SUVs. Check out the short list below:

- Audi Q3
- Chevrolet Colorado
- Chevrolet Tahoe
- Ford F-150
- GMC Canyon
- Lexus NX
- Lincoln MKC
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class
- Nissan Murano
- Porsche Macan
- Subaru Outback
- Toyota Highlander

Which vehicles do you think have a chance at taking home the big prize? Do you think that the Q3 has a chance at winning?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I think it will depend on the criteria for judgement - nothing more. Without knowing that and/or the history of how that criteria has been used/awarded already, I cannot make even a hint of prediction.

The Q3 is a nice niche vehicle - and could handily win over several (perhaps and even arguably all the SUVs) vehicles on the list. But, if "truck/utility" is the nominal category, even with only 3 of the 10 so designated as trucks (and trucks have traditionally or historically prevailed) , one could easily presume that NONE of the rest (all the SUVs) have a chance. Further, with the F-150 having a new all-aluminum version in production - THAT vehicle may have the outstanding opportunity to meet/exceed the real criteria for which this award will ultimately be judged. On the other hand, if "utility" and "truck" have equal weight - then perhaps there could be a 'good' chance. I'm just not versed enough with this award to know the criteria and award application of it...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
... at least I can say that I would select the Q3 out of all those - I just spent about a week in a very nice Q5 TDI, and at the track (COTA) had the chance to ride around the track frontage roads in both a Q5 and a Q3 (in the back seat no less). I was quite content with the little bugger, and even the Q5 owners with me were similarly impressed - especially for what worked out to be about $20K difference between the Q3 Premium Quattro and the Q5 TDI ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts