Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The diminutive crossover from Audi is expected in shops this fall, yet without a lick of pricing information many of us we're beginning to do the ants in the pants dance, have no fear sportsfans pricing is here and its near and dear to what many of has had initially figured.

$32,500 plus $950 destination, so in fairness, pricing kicks off at $33,425.

Now what does that $33,425 buy you? Delivery of a front wheel driven Premium Plus model that's what. Standard equipment includes 18 inch alloy's, 12-way adjustable heated front seats, leather upholstery, panoramic sunroof and Xenon headlamps with ubiquitous Audi LED daytimers and tails. For comparison sake thats more kit than rival GLA (which just got priced at $32,225)

You could always upgrade to the Prestige trim for a cool $3,900, you'll net yourself a Bose stereo, upgraded infortainment, stainless steel sills, power clamshell liftgate and driver assistance. (?) For a full rundown check out the Order Guide, Pricing, Options and Colors posted by @Uniqu3

This is going to be a fun rivalry to watch, the A3 is already eating the CLA's lunch and I don't see what's going to stop the Q3 from doing the same to GLA.

·
Registered
603 Posts
This is a good price. Relatively affordable. I don't even think I'd go for the Pretige trim package. Most of those extras are not something I feel I really need. The driver assistance features and infotainment extras could be nice, but I don't really think I need them. It's certainly looking better than the GLA to me right now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well this is certainly beginning to solidify the Q3 in our books, adding the Prestige Pack ($3,900) and Upgraded wheels ($800) still keeps us well below $40K before taxes. A similar equipped GLA brings us right up to $40K before taxes...

Still on the fence about Quattro or not...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Don't be on the fence about Quattro - why would you even think about a car like this without it? For me now, EVERY car I own will have it - I've learned how to best enjoy driving with it and would NOT be without it if I have the choice. My Q3 will be my 4th Audi and Quattro is its hallmark. Why do you see more BMW Xs and Mercedes 4-matics now? It's because they're finally seeing the light ...

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Don't be on the fence about Quattro - why would you even think about a car like this without it? For me now, EVERY car I own will have it - I've learned how to best enjoy driving with it and would NOT be without it if I have the choice. My Q3 will be my 4th Audi and Quattro is its hallmark. Why do you see more BMW Xs and Mercedes 4-matics now? It's because they're finally seeing the light ...
I know exactly what you mean -- once you have Quattro, you don't want to go back to RWD, at least for a daily driver. I love the confidence of no wheel-spin, and abundant grip, anytime, in any weather.

Quattro all the way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
@Uniqu3 Small point of pedantry, but the Q3 is FWD without Quattro. :D

@rnlabas its just that we don't necessarily NEED AWD. I get that Quattro is their calling card like straight sixes are a beemer thing (well they are now) we're just of the opinion that the Quattro may be superfluous for our climate and the cash could be better spent on interior amenities...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
@rnlabas its just that we don't necessarily NEED AWD...
Once you realize how well Quattro works even in DRY weather for real driving, you will understand my passion for it. I'd rather to have had Quattro to save my skin to enjoy ANY amenities - in the car or ANYWHERE for the rest of my life..0:).

But as you well note it is YOUR choice. ;)I'm not forcing it upon you, only expressing why I am happy and passionate about ME being able to get it, and only too glad for it to be my FIRST amenity -:nerd:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Once you realize how well Quattro works even in DRY weather for real driving, you will understand my passion for it. I'd rather to have had Quattro to save my skin to enjoy ANY amenities - in the car or ANYWHERE for the rest of my life..0:).

But as you well note it is YOUR choice. ;)I'm not forcing it upon you, only expressing why I am happy and passionate about ME being able to get it, and only too glad for it to be my FIRST amenity -:nerd:
ok, ok dont twist my arm JEEZ ;) don't worry I'm not one of THOSE people who conflate YOU expressing opinion as a hard and fast fact the rest of us must adhere too! I appreciate the input, of course both will be tested prior to deciding :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well I guess I'll be sure to give a test drive to a Q3 both with and without Quattro. Sometimes I feel like test driving back to back is the best way to truly see the difference between the two cars.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey - no worries, no harm, no foul. I think it's Great !! - DRIVE them both and decide what's best for you. In the end I'm just happy you're trying an Audi and open-minded enough to come here and share your opinions and experiences -

1 - 12 of 12 Posts