Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Audi Genuine Accessories is showcasing its Q3 off-road styling package at the Worthersee festival in Carinthia, Austria which is taking place between May 13 - 16.

It's important to realize that this is a styling package, and not some type of actual off-road performance package. That means that the package is meant to give the Q3 "a more robust and sporty look", but it won't actually make it able to go off-road.

The package includes "ruggedized" front and rear bumpers, revised side skirts and new wheel arch trim. Also included are stainless steel running boards, and additional quattro badging on the rear door. On the roof there is a luggage box, and inside there are stainless steel pedal caps. There are dual-tone alloy wheels as well.

One of the most interesting things is a set of 10-inch tablets that are mounted to the back of the rear seats. The tablets are actually removable so that they can be used outside of the vehicle too. Though these tablets aren't actually part of the off-road style package, they will be available for order this summer.

Audi hasn't released any pricing details on the package yet, and its important to note that the package doesn't actually include any performance upgrades.

·
Registered
914 Posts
That top box looks great, only downside is keeping it clean, it's going need as much car as black paint needs which means the slightest of things will make it look bad and quick.

·
Registered
113 Posts
:D

Great, for competing in the Dakar Rally just needs some black paint, side steps and a roof box..........must let Citroen know >:D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as it is easily removable, the top box shouldn't be that difficult to keep clean. I find this package funny because its all style and very little function. The top box is definitely the best thing being offered.

Who wants an Audi tablet rather than a Samsung or Apple? I don't get it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Might be worth it to apply clear bar or even look into a protective application like opti-coat for easier cleaning.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think the roof box looks Pig f*****g Ugly........it's just for carrying luggage not exactly an enhancement to the design of the vehicle >:D

Just my opinion of course...........;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are those bars on either side "steps"? I like the look of them but I don't really think you need steps for this SUV.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It is interesting, from the pictures, that this version doesn't have a sunroof. Instead, it have a beam for some reason right through the middle.:eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
It is interesting, from the pictures, that this version doesn't have a sunroof. Instead, it have a beam for some reason right through the middle.:eek:
Many Q3 do not have a sun roof, I think the beam your seeing is just the headliner that comes with certain options.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the roof rack on you wouldn't really get much use out of the roof box. You might not even be able install it if the sun roof is there.

The side steps are pretty hilarious. Show me the person who needs an extra step to get into this vehicle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
How lazy of them, its a near carbon copy of what they brought last year...remember the inflatable tent...

still like the wheels however ;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right. It odesn't seem like they pushed themselves too hard this year. Maybe they didn't have another big idea after the inflatable tent. It's no SEMA car, that is for sure.

·
Registered
914 Posts
It's a smart move since it's what fits this type of vehicle and its type of buyer, more than anything else, more than that tent. But like mentioned before... seems like they were bored :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
the side steps make sense for the roof box, I went with a hitch mounted bike rack because it was too high for me to reach a roof mounted rack without stepping on the door sill.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts