Audi Q3 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think you could even throw the Mini Countryman in here as the darkhorse or even the pace man for the sake of difference ;)

I mean the Countryman JCW starts at $34,950, 208 hp, 19" wheels and AWD... C;mon pretty serious. Its minis WRC car basically ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
First of all owning a BMW X3 driving the X1 I thought was a POS... Plastic everywhere and by the time you put everything in it it's overpriced. The GLA I thought was nice but who's idea was it to "stick" that information system/NAV on the dashboard as an afterthought. I looked high and low for something to replace my 10 yr old X3 and I finally decided on the Audi Q3. Would I like a few of the things added to the Q3 that BMW offers? Sure. But all in all I really like my new wheels...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Besides seat memory and HomeLink, what else are you lusting after that the Bimmer had, that the Q hasn't?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Home is an easy install. Going to have a shop that I know that does custom work to see what can be done with memory seats.
Yeah, I already have a HomeLink module ($15) and ready to go into the same overhead panel that Audi would/will put it in next year ...

Memory seats though, I dunno - I'd be VERY interested in what your custom shop has to say about it AND the cost ...

Keep us in the loop -

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yeah, I already have a HomeLink module ($15) and ready to go into the same overhead panel that Audi would/will put it in next year ...

Memory seats though, I dunno - I'd be VERY interested in what your custom shop has to say about it AND the cost ...

Keep us in the loop -
Will do, but my Q3 won't here until the end of Dec. So I prob won't know about the memory seats until Jan.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've always found memory seats a bit of a superfluous feature. Sure its handy, but I don't think I would ever pay extra for it as an option unless it was packaged with other features that I want more. I just don't think its that bad to adjust your seat when you get in the car. most of the time its only one person driving the car on a regular basis anyways.

·
Registered
300 Posts
snip
Can you provide a link to what you bought? Are you implying it will fit into what I have now in the 2015 Q3? I hate the grey clip on Sears transmitter!

Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
First of all owning a BMW X3 driving the X1 I thought was a POS... Plastic everywhere and by the time you put everything in it it's overpriced. The GLA I thought was nice but who's idea was it to "stick" that information system/NAV on the dashboard as an afterthought. I looked high and low for something to replace my 10 yr old X3 and I finally decided on the Audi Q3. Would I like a few of the things added to the Q3 that BMW offers? Sure. But all in all I really like my new wheels...
I'd heard the X1 was actually the purest of BMW's SUV's. Something about the platform if I'm remembering correctly...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Can you provide a link to what you bought? Are you implying it will fit into what I have now in the 2015 Q3? I hate the grey clip on Sears transmitter!

Thanks!
Got this on ebay - PLENTY out there !!

$15 already programmed it to my doors - now just trying to find the space under the overhead console - it's looking tight, even though only the plate with the buttons on it will show. I also have a Gentex (OEM to Audi) mirror with compass and HomeLink (and it's bigger too ;-) that I MAY trade out for the little dinky fellow in the Q3 ...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Got this on ebay - PLENTY out there !!

$15 already programmed it to my doors - now just trying to find the space under the overhead console - it's looking tight, even though only the plate with the buttons on it will show. I also have a Gentex (OEM to Audi) mirror with compass and HomeLink (and it's bigger too ;-) that I MAY trade out for the little dinky fellow in the Q3 ...
I was told by Gentex that another mirror ie: Q5 Gentex would not fit.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Not sure why they would say such a thing - as long as you have the right one (year & rain sensor) they have the same mount (same with A5), and there's plenty of room - in fact the car NEEDS the bigger mirror IMHO. The mirror I'm comparing though is from a Subaru, so it has the compass AND HomeLink both in it. The mount on that unit IS different (as is the color of the compass letters), but only from the gimbel to the Audi mount, and I'm digging into how to fix that part now ...cuz the HomeLink mirrors with compass for Subarus, Kias and Hyundais are usually available for $50-80, compared with the Audi versions of the same basic Gentex mirror for $2-300.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not sure why they would say such a thing - as long as you have the right one (year & rain sensor) they have the same mount (same with A5), and there's plenty of room - in fact the car NEEDS the bigger mirror IMHO. The mirror I'm comparing though is from a Subaru, so it has the compass AND HomeLink both in it. The mount on that unit IS different (as is the color of the compass letters), but only from the gimbel to the Audi mount, and I'm digging into how to fix that part now ...cuz the HomeLink mirrors with compass for Subarus, Kias and Hyundais are usually available for $50-80, compared with the Audi versions of the same basic Gentex mirror for $2-300.
You could be the first to see if it does work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OMG, I stopped in at the MB dealer today to get my wife's C300 4matic serviced. Checked out the GLA to see how it compared to my Q3. The MB NAV/info screen looks awful! It looks like soneone glued my Asus nexus 7 to the dashboard. And the rest of the interior styling looks like a futuristic space toy. I will say that the seating was ample and looked like a little bit more back seat and luggage space room but I for one don't think I could get past the interior styling.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.