Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Stephan Winkelmann was the CEO of Lamborghini until quite recently, but now it seems that he is moving on to take the helm of Audi Quattro.

Winkelmann led Lamborghini for a decade through a quite transformative period. The brand was acquired by VW Group and was put under the Audi branch in 1998. Winkelmann also previously held positions at Fiat.

While his days at Lamborghini might be numbered, Winkelmann’s career is far from over. Automobile Magazine reports he will move from Lamborghini’s headquarters in Sant’Agata Bolognese, Italy, to Neckarsulm, Germany, in order to run Audi’s quattro division, which is responsible for developing hot-rodded models like the RS 6 station wagon and the mid-engined R8. He will replace Heinz Hollerweger, who is retiring, and his expertise is expected to help Audi transform quattro from an emblem that denotes a more powerful engine into a full-fledged sub-brand like Mercedes-AMG and BMW M.
Seems like the overhaul of VW Group's executives continues.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lamborghini-ceo-stephan-winkelmann-could-140853330.html

·
Registered
400 Posts
I wish I could wear slim fit pants like that.....

·
Registered
914 Posts
Excited to see what changes he can bring coming from the their high end performance arm.

I guess they figured that Lamborghini has established itself well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts