Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I can't believe it's that expensive. With the other options out there, you could find something much cheaper that is of equal quality.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah it's ridiculous, nearly $2k. Good if you go camping often as it's just that one time investment for multiple uses. I won't be using it nearly enough to justify the cost.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Just because Audi makes great cars, doesn't mean that they can slap their name on a tent a charge $2k for it. They are selling the brand here, not selling a great camping tent. I'm sure someone will buy it though.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Just because Audi makes great cars, doesn't mean that they can slap their name on a tent a charge $2k for it. They are selling the brand here, not selling a great camping tent. I'm sure someone will buy it though.
I agree.

Probably could find a tent just as good for far cheaper at some camping/outdoors store. Even better if you have to leave the camping site to drop by a local store or something since you're not attached to the tent.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Feeding into our disapproval of the Audi Tent, this is what one publication had to say:
Why is Audi building tents anyway?

It's the whole lifestyle thing. Audi customers - if you believe the adverts - spend at least half their waking hours on mountain bikes, kayaking or completing endurance marathons. So developing a concept tent is the marketing department's next way to convince us of the wholesome lifestyle nature of its Q cars.

Audi says the Q3 camping tent is rated for wind speeds of up to 40mph. So don't expect to take your Q3 on an Arctic adventure - but it should cope with a stiff Devon sea breeze.

Sadly, a UK spokesman said they have no plans to sell pop-up tents in showrooms just yet. 'It's just a concept at this stage,' he told us. 'We usually do zany things at Worthersee and this is one of those.'

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Zany indeed ...:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would be something nice for the kids but after seeing the price tag there is absolutely no way. Might be cheaper to make your own. or just get a regular tent and move away from the vehicle.

·
Registered
262 Posts
:eek:I have to wonder where you store it during transport!!! Cant be much room left for a couple of sleeping bags, cooler, etc....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is obviously a marketing ploy and partnership for Audi to advertise Q3's and for Heimplanet to advertise its tents. I don't believe Audi is building tents as the publication is titled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts