Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In many places on the Interwebs I read that the Audi Q3 is supposed to connect to the AT&T 4g network (not 4g LTE like the A3). On my MMI display it shows that I'm connected to the 3g network not 4g. What are you all seeing?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
3g for me too and on an LTE network ...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think when they say 4G, they are really referring to HSPA+, or also know as 3.5G. It is a technology faster than 3G but not as fast as LTE.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Shouldn't we be getting a 4G or LTE connection in the car?

3G is soooo yesterday and slow!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
The Q3 is so far only good for 3G - sorry ...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does 2016's still 3G only?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
...I think so - will verify tomorrow...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is 4G a noticeable difference over 3G? Do you guys feel like there are long loading times or something?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
....looks like 3G for the 2016s too - at least the first ones -

·
Registered
108 Posts
4G LTE is capable of 42MBPS downloads. That's faster than most house connections. I personally don't have any problem with the 3G connection, I still getting up to 8MBPS, fast enough for what I use it it the car.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My 2016 is also 3G. My salesman told me it was 4G but it is not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Slow, and expensive, 3G. I dropped it when it was time to renew and just hotspot from my phone.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Slow, and expensive, 3G. I dropped it when it was time to renew and just hotspot from my phone.
Can you hotspot from you phone to the car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was told by my dealership that the 2016 *has* the 4G connectivity built in, but in my area (dallas) it wasn't available yet so my Q3 will use the 3G until ATT builds more towers or whatever and the 4G will "kick in".

·
Registered
400 Posts
I was told by my dealership that the 2016 *has* the 4G connectivity built in, but in my area (dallas) it wasn't available yet so my Q3 will use the 3G until ATT builds more towers or whatever and the 4G will "kick in".

I am not sure I believe that!

·
Registered
152 Posts
My 2016 (200 miles old) is 3G and very disappointing My iPhone in the car at the same time is 4G LTE. I get under 3MBPS with 3G in the car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts